Senior Software Engineer
Published on December 18, 2022
Who we are?
Here at Focused Labs, we are a small, select, software development team that wants to improve the world of software engineering through excellence. We take a unique approach to deliver products to market quickly while meeting the business and customer needs of our clients.
- Listen first - we are experts when it comes to software, but life long learners in the domain of our customers. We listen, collaborate, and iterate closely with our clients.
- Learn why - we are deeply invested in the outcomes of our clients and apply our expertise to make wise technology decisions with them.
- Love your craft - we love programming and the craft of software engineering.
What would you be doing?
- Help define and improve who we are as a company and a team.
- Collaborate closely with customers to solve problems that are core to their business and build an impactful product.
- Pair program with teammates and clients to build software and continuously grow together.
- Master the right tools for the problems at hand. We do what is right for our clients and what makes us effective.
- Collaborate and learn from teammates who are just as excited about software as you are.
- Write lots of code.
Why are we excited about you?
- You are open and up for a challenge, you are a problem solver, and you are excited to work in all levels of the tech stack.
- You have experience and opinions in at least one full tech stack and are interested in becoming fluent across multiple tech stacks.
- You value collaboration as a core tool for finding pragmatic and simple solutions to complex real-world problems.
- You are always learning, always improving, and are interested in helping others do the same.
- You are comfortable working with non-technical stakeholders and are comfortable participating in daily meetings with clients.
If you had worked at Focused Labs over the last 3 months you may have:
- Paired with a teammate to build an e-commerce purchase flow
- Started a new project using Kotlin, Rails, Vue, React, or Node!
- Worked with a client to prioritize their backlog for MVP
- Deployed a Kubernetes cluster and applications to it
- Integrated with GM OnStar to remotely control a vehicle
- Helped our company define a Parental Leave Policy
- Played Codenames with the team over happy hour
- Written this job req
What to know before you apply:
- Focused Labs is open to remote employees.
We believe employees should be paid fairly and equitably. Salary ranges may vary depending on your location and previous experience. The Chicago salary range for this role is: $120,000 - $170,000.