Full-stack Ruby Developer
Full spec here: https://userevidence.notion.site/UserEvidence-Full-Stack-Ruby-Developer-ce19ad31256a4edda3acc1c06d161bb0
- Remote (must be authorized to work in the United States), or in-person in Jackson Hole, WY, Nashville, TN or Kansas City
- Large equity stake + competitive salary + benefits
- 2nd engineer hire working for two experienced founders, and a veteran head of engineering
- Many greenfield development projects in our roadmap
- Senior role with plenty of opportunity to help shape the development team
- Seed-stage opportunity in proven, de-risked market - raised $4.5M seed from great investors
- Founders’ first company acquired for $90M+
Who We’re Looking For
A good natured, technically adept, full stack developer with demonstrated experience in a Ruby on Rails and modern JS environment.
Our stack: Rails, Postgres, Vue, Sidekiq, Elasticsearch, Puppeteer, Nuxt, Heroku
- Develop features from scratch, including database schema modifications, data migrations, business logic, frontend components, documentation and unit / integration tests
- Produce quality code that adheres to our coding convention
- Provide your perspective on software development methodologies to help hone our development process
Skills and Experience
- Mid to senior level experience working on a web-based product
- Experience with Ruby on Rails in a high performance production environment
- Experience with any modern frontend framework (Vue, React, Angular, ...)
- Experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with latest CSS tricks and techniques
- Experience with testing frameworks (frontend / backend, unit / integration)
- Experience working on a remote-first / distributed teams
- Security-focused mindset
- Interest in ML / AI is a bonus as our roadmap will soon venture into this territory
- Competitive comp, bonus, and equity plans
- Remote role or hybrid in person (in Jackson, Nashville, or Kansas City) + paid trips to Jackson Hole, WY (ski, raft, bike)
- Health+Dental+Vision Insurance for you (and any dependents)
- Home-office (if remote) stipend or CoWork space membership, new MacBook Pro.
- Incredible training and career growth opportunity
UserEvidence is the only platform purpose-built to unlock customer love at scale. Credibility and noise are huge issues in B2B marketing and sales. We believe companies can sell a lot more when they let their customers do the talking, and show real-life evidence and feedback from their users.
While we are a fast growing tech startup, we want this to be a company that enables a fulfilling and stable lifestyle for our employees. We have a real opportunity to get to $50M/yr+ in recurring revenue within 4-6 years and see a large exit, but we’re going to do so in a smart and sane way, that is financially prudent and ensures that any exit substantially benefits all employees rather than simply founders and investors. We’ve raised $4.5M from great investors including Afore.vc, Founders Collective, GTMFund, and FirstMile Ventures.
We want everyone to have a good work-life balance - there will of course be (a lot of) times where we’re grinding, but we want to enjoy the journey, not only the destination. Remote work and flexibility will be key, and we will also bring together our team in Jackson Hole (or other cool locations) once a year.
Our culture is one that prioritizes creativity, honest and open communication, transparency, smart risk-taking, humility, and growth. We strive to employ the latest mature software development philosophies and best practices in an effort to keep our work challenging but fun.
Who we are
- Evan Huck: Co-Founder and CEO - Co-Founder + CEO. 1st Employee at TechValidate, built sales org to 60+, acquired by SurveyMonkey in 2015. Stanford Grad.
- Ray Rhodes: Co-Founder and CRO - early TechValidate sales, top enterprise sales lead at Guru (sales enablement/content mgmt)
- Billy Fowks: Founding Principal Engineer. Accomplished start-up technologist with 15+ years experience architecting and developing web-applications, and leading engineering teams.
- Max Burnside - Lead Product Designer. 10 Years of experience in SaaS product design. Leading User Experience and Visual Design.