Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Published on December 15, 2022
StackAdapt is a self-serve advertising platform that specializes in multi-channel solutions including native, display, video, connected TV, audio and in-game ads. We empower hundreds of digitally-focused companies to deliver outcomes and exceptional campaign performance everyday. StackAdapt was founded with a vision to be more than an advertising platform, it’s a hub of innovation, imagination and creativity.
StackAdapt is the no. 1 performing programmatic advertising platform helping brands accelerate customer engagement and acquisition. This state-of-the-art platform is where some of the most progressive work in machine learning meets cutting-edge user experience.
Ranking the highest in performance by G2 Crowd for the fourth time, we're one of the fastest growing companies in Canada and ranks 6th in Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 ranking and 23rd in Fast 500 in North America.
We're always keeping an eye out for talented developers as we build cutting edge software. The digital advertising industry is riddled with interesting challenges as we continue to scale out our platform with a fast growing list of customers. Our technologies include Ruby on Rails, React, Typescript, GraphQL, Aerospike, Redis, Elasticsearch, Amazon Redshift, and others. This position is open to remote candidates in North America.
Watch our talk at Amazon Tech Talks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRqu-a4gPuU
StackAdapt is a Remote First company, we are open to candidates located anywhere in North America for this position.
What you'll be doing:
- Building new product features and enhancing existing software on a full-stack basis
- Lead technical planning and architectural decision-making
- Collaborating with team members on designing scalable, well tested, and well documented web architecture, including APIs and backend systems
- Be able to take responsibility and ownership of projects
- Contribute to code reviews and cross-team collaboration with product managers and designers
- Write extensible scalable and test-driven software, either in teams or individually depending on the scope of the project
- Provide mentorship to Junior Full-Stack Developers
What you'll bring to the table:
- Knowledge of our full-stack technologies is highly preferred - Ruby on Rails, React, Typescript, GraphQL
- Strong understanding of scalable system design for web-based APIs and backend processing systems
- Strong problem solving skills in data structures, algorithms, and code optimization
- Ability to identify and tackle areas that may produce technical debt, to ensure code quality
- Experience working with relational databases and key-value stores
- Experience with test-driven development
- Work alongside some of the smartest people in the industry
- Highly competitive salary with 401K Matching
- Health Benefits from Day 1
- 3 weeks vacation + 3 personal care days + 1 volunteer day + birthdays off
- Home office and Internet reimbursements
- Coverage and support of personal development initiatives (conferences, courses, etc)
- An awesome parental leave policy
- A weekly $15 lunch credit via Ritual
StackAdapt is a diverse and inclusive team of collaborative, hardworking individuals trying to make a dent in the universe. No matter who you are, where you are from, who you love, follow in faith, disability (or superpower) status, ethnicity, or the gender you identify with (if you’re comfortable, let us know your pronouns), you are welcome at StackAdapt. If you have any requests or requirements to support you throughout any part of the interview process, please let our Talent team know.
We've been recognized for our high performing campaign conversion rates, award-winning customer service, and innovation by numerous industry publications including:
A Top Growing Company in Canada based on the Globe and Mail's 2022 Business Report