Junior Ruby Developer
SprintFWD is seeking a Junior Ruby Developer to lead and build large-scale web products for major fitness and wellness brands on some of their most interesting and prominent projects.
We’re seeking an Early Career Web Developer with Back-End focus to build large-scale web products for health and wellness brands. You will be responsible for contributing to back-end architecture and development of new apps, assisting with maintenance and new features on existing Ruby on Rails apps while working directly with one/more Project Managers, a lead engineer, and the clients.
Though we have an office in Irvine, CA and co-working spaces in Los Angeles, we've become a remote-first company through the pandemic. When it's safe to do so, we'd love to meet in person and host retreats. Therefore, candidates in Southern California and Pacific time-zone are preferred, but we're happy to consider any candidates in the US.
We're a Results-Only Workplace Environment (ROWE) which allows you as many vacations, sick, and mental-health days as you need, as long as you are meeting your performance goals, assigned tasks, and projects.
Other benefits include:
Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401K Plan, Various Fitness and Wellness Benefits (Group Classes, Free Training, Products, etc.), Continued Education Courses, and Conference Attendance
The responsibilities and job scope discussed above may change as necessitated by business demands.
- You have 2+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails and related technologies
- You can not only integrate with the team on larger projects but also own and architect end-to-end solutions for smaller, fast-turnaround projects
- You can design SQL schemas, index properly, and know-how to code, diagnose and optimize SQL queries.
- You’re familiar with modular design, dependency injection, functional isolation, and have strategies for testing all layers of the stack
- You're familiar with best practices, but are not doctrinaire
- Experience with using cloud computing services and platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Heroku
- Super-comfortable with Git and command-line tools
- We’re all pleasant, smart, communicative people, and you should be too!
- You have significant experience with React JS and/or TypeScript
- You have significant experience with Node.js and/or other server-side languages
- Knowledge of (or interest in!) DevOps