Senior Software Engineer - Portfolio Management (Remote Eligible)
Published on December 22, 2022
Are you looking to solve challenging engineering problems impacting Enterprise customers with 10,000+ employees? Do you enjoy working in a diverse, collaborative, and growth-mindset culture? How about building a platform that contributes to mission-critical projects such as launching a rover to Mars, deploying medical equipment for COVID testing, reducing carbon footprint by launching energy-efficient warehouses, employee onboarding for Government agencies, launching critical life-saving medicines in International markets, or planning a brick-and-mortar store deployment?
The Smartsheet Control Center Team seeks curious and passionate Frontend and/or Fullstack Software Engineers. They will help us build enterprise-grade applications within the Portfolio Collaborative Work Management space, an area that grew 4x year-over-year. Our application manages three significant areas that serve our customers: A feature-rich config management tool that allows power users the ability to create their business processes; A fast and reliable orchestration engine that runs millions of distributed transactions per day; A global management service that alters the attributes of Project assets and ensures the state of the Portfolio is running effectively and updates are managed at-scale.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Engineering Manage located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Design, implement, and deliver production complete solutions.
- Evangelize best practices in Software development and Software methodologies.
- Automate repetitive tasks to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Contribute relevant and concise documentation.
- Promote Agility as much as Reliability and Scalability.
- 5+ years of engineering experience in a team environment.
- 3+ years of experience in service-oriented architecture, deployment systems, and cloud infrastructure.
- Proficient in at least one high-level programming language, such as Ruby, Java, Go, Python, and Typescript.
- Experience with modern client JS libraries, like React, and Redux.
- You have a strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles.
- Clear and objective writing and in-person communication.
- Curiosity to learn new technologies and systems.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!