Senior Software Engineer, Growth
Published on December 22, 2022
Who We Are
Babylist is the leading vertical marketplace and commerce destination for baby, driving purchase decisions for more than 8 million people each year. Utilizing robust proprietary data, patented technology, and unbiased editorial guidance, Babylist recommends expert-tested products to those starting their parenting journey so loved ones can offer their support. Babylist registries connect new parents and their community of family and friends who help plan, prepare, and shop for a child's arrival. Babylist is the generational brand in baby, leading the $67 billion baby products market as the trusted go-to solution for growing families. To learn about Babylist’s registry options, editorial content, and more, visit www.babylist.com.
Our Ways of Working
We’re a remote-first company with team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees so people can get the work done in the way that suits them best. With rare exception, our employees generally work 9-5 in their home time zone.
We also know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to build community and collaboration, we gather in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These offsites are expected of employees and are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually.
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails
- Native iOS and Android
What the Role Is
Babylist is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Growth engineering team. As part of the Growth team you will help bring the Babylist experience – used and loved by millions of parents and gift givers – to even more people. You’ll work with expert technical leads and software engineers to build the first key experiences our users have with Babylist, from outreach to new users, to landing pages, sign-up, onboarding and beyond. You’ll work closely with Product, Design, and other teams to execute these key initiatives.
Who You Are
- A high-performing engineer with experience delivering end to end solutions that drive business growth
- An exceptional problem solver
- Able to deliver elegant, effective software solutions in a timely manner
- A clear, friendly, and open-minded communicator
- Passionate about making measurable improvements for our customers, and using data to drive growth
- Successful in an agile work environment and able to break down large pieces of work to deliver value incrementally
- Familiar with or interested in learning email systems, A/B testing, marketing attribution systems, and SEO
How You'll Make an Impact
- Develop and own the strategic roadmap for data analytics and data engineering for the entire company.
- Design your organization and processes to achieve maximum business impact
- Champion the use of data across all business functions
- Create a culture of inclusiveness, kindness, creativity, and impact
- Be a talent builder to attract, mentor, and retain best in class talent
What You'll Do
- Work closely with product owners to design, implement and deploy systems to support and scale our new-user experiences, including email marketing, attribution, landing pages, and onboarding.
- Provide thought leadership around process, tooling, systems, and software architecture. We benefit by more knowledge and learning how others solve problems. You will feel excited to bring in new ways of solving problems.
- Improve and help maintain existing systems. Friction in the development process slows us down and has a large opportunity cost. We see value in taking time to create maintainable systems and remove hurdles from the development process.
- Working in a close, supportive team solving real world problems and making decisions.
- Mentoring other team members through design and architecture planning, code reviews, and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Maintaining older systems and replacing them safely.
- Learning and growing as an Engineer.
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We are a remote first company and invest in infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are committed to providing an actively antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.