Ruby Developer Co-op/Intern
Location - Ottawa HQ, Remote - Canada
Application Deadline - 11:59 PM May 18, 2022
This paid Software Engineering internship opportunity is open to Canadian co-op students/interns or recent graduates enrolled in a degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering program (or related technical discipline). We’re looking for a self-motivated, “get it done” attitude and reliable students who enjoy collaborating with a dynamic team to craft a world-class experience.
All interns who work for Fullscript will gain valuable hands-on experience (even on day one) and the chance to learn at a fast-growing company. This is how we like building software: https://brand.fullscript.com/developer-handbook.html. If you share our values, we’d be excited to chat with you!
Term: September - December
What does an intern developer do here? You will:
- Focus on improving your skills in several languages and technologies, but with the main focus on Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Be involved in project breakdowns, code reviews, and have a steady stream of deploys yourself.
- Help us update code, fix bugs, and write code for new features
- Be able to choose side development projects in other areas of interest
- Above all, you will have the full workplace experience: go through our onboarding program, have 1:1s with Tech Leads, receive mentorship, get feedback, teach your teammates new things, and be viewed as any other full-time developer.
What you bring to the team:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or a similar field or have recently graduated from a degree in the past 6 months
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Previous internship/co-op experience, ideally in a team environment within a software company
- Some experience, professional or project, with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails
What's in it for you
- We provide all our developers with a Macbook Pro during their employment.
- Get to participate in fun, engaging events: Town Halls, Hackathons, Bug Safaris, Dev Talks, and more.
- Your code ships, normally in the first week! You will make a real impact and get to see your work come to life.
- Learn from some of the best software engineers in one of Canada’s fastest-growing startups
- Ability to work Wherever You Work Well*
*Our Wherever You Work Well philosophy means Fullscript teammates get to pick their own office — whether that’s in-office, at home, or a bit of both.
Fullscript is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to work with talented people, period. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or civil status, political affiliation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our team handles both personal information and personal health information, which means candidates that receive and accept employment offers must undergo a background check.