Senior Software Engineer
Published on December 28, 2022
Remote or Rocklin, CA Office Position
About Luna and summary of the role:
Luna (http://www.getluna.com) is the leading platform for in-home physical therapy. We enable exceptional, convenient, affordable, and safe care to be delivered via in-person delivery. Luna’s platform connects our vast network of exceptional physical therapists with patients seeking care where it is most convenient. Luna’s platform connects our vast network of exceptional physical therapists with patients seeking care where it is most convenient - their home, office, or gym. Luna is currently helping patients recover faster across the United States, and works with health systems and employers nationwide.
Luna, a 100-plus-employee health tech company, priority focus is building a team of smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space.
At Luna, developers have the chance to work on various teams and stacks. Although most of our software is written in Ruby, we believe in using the best tool for the job. Here’s more:
- We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. Developers are expected to test, release and monitor their own code as if we did not have QA
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives at the end of each sprint to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product
Types of projects we work on:
You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the next generation of our internal marketplace console. Everything from scheduling, automation, payment flow, customer communications, and reports, to dashboards - the console runs our entire business.
What we look for in you:
- 4+ years experience building software or web applications with object-oriented or functional programming languages Doesn’t matter what language, just a focus on writing clean, well-designed, and scalable code
- Have demonstrated the ability to own a project from start to finish
- Are willing to learn (if necessary) and primarily use Ruby on Rails and Elixir
- Are self-starting and technically motivated
- Are able to deliver quality code in a timely manner
- Make conscious trade-offs between business requirements, urgency, and technical debt, understanding that "fast and close to right" is often better than "perfect"
- Flexible work-from-home
- Extremely generous equity in a very early stage startup that already has significant market traction
- End-to-end ownership of features
- Working in a culture of anti-bureaucracy and anti-paperwork
- Leadership opportunities