Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Published on December 31, 2022
Who We Are
Arkestro is the leading Predictive Procurement Orchestration platform. Built to amplify the impact of procurement’s influence, Arkestro helps enterprises deliver a 2-5x lift on cost savings attributed to everyday purchasing and sourcing cycles. Top enterprises leverage Arkestro’s behavioral science, game theory and machine learning to predict and win faster value across every category of addressable spend.
Technologies and tools we use:
- Frontend: React, Redux, AntD, Jest + React Testing Library
- Backend: Ruby, Rails, Node, Postgres, Redis, Sidekiq Pro, RSpec, GraphQL
- Workflow and Deployment: Github, Heroku (also for CI), Sentry, FullStory, Code Climate
- Technologies we’re experimenting with: Typescript, Puppeteer
An ideal candidate has:
- Strong communications skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Experience with agile development methodologies and willingness to embrace changing requirements
- 5+ years of experience building web applications using Rails, Entity, Spring, or a similar MVC framework
- 5+ years of working with SQL databases -- ideally ANSI-Compliant relational databases like Postgres
- 3+ years of experience using HTML, CSS, and styling various kinds of applications for the web.
- 3+ years of experience being able to take wireframes or mockups and converting them into clean and semantic HTML and CSS with a focus on responsive design.
- Experience with using Git for source control using Github.
• Competitive salary and startup equity
• We are a remote-first team, but we like to get together for team building, design sprints, and customer visits
• We also have offices located in both Atlanta and San Francisco
• We are highly supportive of flexible work hours
• Unlimited PTO
• Generous 401k matching and healthcare, dental, and vision plans
• Full-time employees are given an initial budget of $1,500 for home office supplies
• Every employee is also given an annual budget of $1,000 for annual learning and development (i.e. books, conferences, courses)
Please note this job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands. Arkestro reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities and activities at any time with or without notice. Arkestro is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.