Senior Software Engineer
Published on January 11, 2023
About the role
As a Software Engineer in the Quality Services team at Chime you'll work with a motivated team to help define quality and the metrics by which we will track it. You'll work to instill the processes and procedures we'll need to live up to that standard. You'll lead our development teams on the creation of their test plans, showing the way yourself if you need to. You'll act as a Quality Product Manager, crafting and refining a backlog of test automation and product instrumentation stories to ensure the dev teams spend their time coding rather than running manual tests. You'll roll your sleeves up when vital (or when you want to - we all got into this business because we love coding and all things technical!) to do a spot of implementation yourself.
The ideal candidate will have experience with at least one full web technology stack, an eye for bugs and design flaws, and a white/gray box test approach. If you love coding, testing, and desire the opportunity to build an outstanding testing platform this challenge might be for you!
The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $149,300 and up to $207,300. Full-time employees are also eligible for a bonus, competitive equity package, and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
In this role, you can expect to
- Have proven coding fundamentals and understanding of industry standard processes
- Build new tools and automation from scratch to allow Engineering teams to operate more efficiently.
- Work actively with internal teams to gather requirements on new initiatives, plan, prioritize and communicate progress effectively to all team members.
- Apportion appropriate time for support issues, take care of priority change, and manage expectations accordingly.
- Maintain Test Environments. Work with TechOps to build and validate test environments.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to be able to work collaboratively with the development teams, external stakeholders, internal operations teams & senior management for key deliveries and production issues.
- Develop and implement a set of quality metrics that report on our coverage progress and represent the member experience.
- Maintain documentation and ensure resources are up to date, with a focus on providing an excellent user experience.
To thrive in this role, you have
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages and proficiency with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Preferably some experience with Ruby and/or Python.
- 1-3 years experience in Software Engineer, Tools Engineering or Software Engineer in Test role
- Experience designing, developing, and managing automated testing
- Experience testing platform APIs and good understanding of end to end infrastructure.
- Experience crafting web-based and UI based tools is a plus
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees and helping people grow their savings automatically, we’ve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, and more!
We’ve built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech and were recently valued at over $25.5B. We’ve raised over $1.7B in funding from leading investors including Sequoia Capital Global Equities, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, General Atlantic, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DST, Coatue, Iconiq, Menlo Ventures and others.
What we offer
- 💰 Competitive salary based on experience
- ✨ 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- 🖥 Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
- 💚 A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, and inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members and helps us all grow as Chimers and individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.
Chime requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if eligible) against COVID-19 in order to work in one of its offices, join Company-sponsored activities, or travel for business purposes. This job may require periodic office attendance and/or business travel and therefore candidates will need to be eligible for these activities by their start date.