Senior DevOps Engineer
Published on January 13, 2023
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join us on this incredible journey.
We are obsessed with building the most trusted roofing platform in the world so our customers can power their growth with intelligence. Roofr is the all-in-one sales toolbox for roofers, including instant customizable aerial roof measurements with a drone, satellite, or blueprints imagery! In addition, our clients have the ability to immediately create visually stunning, robust and automated proposals that help create a great client experience leading to a higher close rate. Our future roadmap is clear and filled with exciting products such as payment processing, consumer financing, workflow automation, and more!
Our Mission is to ensure every family has access to protect their home with an affordable roof. We have amazing culture, great founders, and strong financials (profitable unit economics, strong revenue growth and best-in-class company metrics - including CAC payback of a few months!!). This is a great opportunity to be a part of an extraordinary start-up that is already successful, yet early enough to offer its team members significant growth, equity, and an opportunity to make an impact.
If you are a passionate engineering leader who thrives in a fast-paced, high impact and high growth environment, please read on! We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to continuously improve our development operations and support the reliability and availability of all our applications and services deployed to the cloud.
What you get to do:
- Partner with various engineering teams to own and manage availability, latency, performance, reliability and scalability of all services to maintain SLAs that our customers expect from us
- Provide strong technical leadership and people management to the team
- Act as a SME and demonstrate end-to-end ownership of SRE function with automation-first mindset
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Software Engineers across the organization to deliver a comprehensive solution for SRE discipline and set effective SLOs/SLIs and error budgets for all services
- Define well-defined processes, methodologies, metrics and KPIs to drive accountability
- Own and drive cloud cost management, capacity planning and performance management and partner with engineering leaders to optimize for performance and cost
- Drive instrumentation of services for end-to-end Observability - Monitoring, Alerting, Metrics, Logging and Dashboard
- Own and drive incident management process, conduct blameless post mortems and publish incident reports, maintain runbooks and on-call schedules
- Coordinate with product development engineering teams on change management and release management processes
- Be an evangelist for SRE best practices
- Champion and implement strong DevSecOps principles and SDLC best practices
- Coach, mentor and cross-train team members
- Servant leadership and Agile DNA
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 5+ years of building and managing technical processes in SRE, DevOps or other related domains
- Experience supporting infrastructure and services in public cloud environments; AWS required
- Experience leading SRE team with strong emphasis on automation and continuous improvement
- Strong hands-on knowledge of one or more of Infrastructure-as-Code tools and technologies: Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Packer, etc.
- Strong knowledge of network engineering and foundational network protocols and services such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, etc.
- Experience with Agile software development and Scrum methodology
- Great communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- AWS certification
- Expertise in Linux systems
- Experience building and managing fault tolerant large scale distributed systems
- Strong hands-on experience in one or more of Containers and Container Orchestration frameworks: Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, Amazon Fargate, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD, DevOps and Pipeline-As-Code: ArgoCD, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Gitlab CI/CD, etc.
- Experience with Microservices architecture and CNCF ecosystem
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
What we offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
Vacation/Paid Time Off:
- Start your journey with Roofr with 1 week of paid vacation
- 1 Friday off per month (we call those our laundry days!)
- Company wide paid shutdown for the week between Christmas and New Years (not counted towards your PTO)
- Flexible and unlimited time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance premiums for employee and up to 3 dependents
- Remote first with support for autonomous work
- We host 2 killer retreats per year and great team building activities
- Ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career
- Home office setup reimbursement & allowances
- We continuously celebrate and encourage transparency, individuality and uniqueness
- Servant leadership approach
- Weekly Friday paydays!
At Roofr, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. Roofr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an organization that empowers inclusion and diversity. We encourage candidates and employees to be true to themselves and express all aspects of their identities. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.