Full Stack Engineer
Published on January 14, 2023
Who We Are: Founded by experienced tech and legal industry operators, New Era ADR is revolutionizing a $250B+ dispute resolution industry. We’re backed by top VCs and angels, adopted by Fortune 500 companies, and recommended by the top law firms because our mission of reducing the distraction, cost, and acrimony that comes with resolving a legal dispute is one that resonates with every business and individual.
What We Do: We’re going big – we’re changing how our country thinks about legal disputes. A time-draining, expensive fight every time people or organizations get in a legal argument should *not* be normal. We’re overhauling the way legal disputes are resolved, removing the gamesmanship and posturing in litigation that drags everyone down and hinders growth and innovation, saving people and organizations up to 90% in time, cost, and distraction, and making society a little friendlier, more pragmatic, and more amicable.
With a flat fee model that provides never-before-seen cost predictability in litigation, significantly streamlined resolution procedures, and an intuitive user experience, New Era ADR empowers parties to reach a resolution quickly and amicably. Through all of this, we’ll make our justice system far more accessible for countless individuals. And we’d love for you to be part of our ambitious mission!
The Role: We’re looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to help us shape the future of a massive industry that’s ripe for game-changing innovation, and we need highly motivated individuals to help us meet our ambitious goals. As an early member of our team, you’ll get to put your full set of skills on display and grow quickly with the company and product.
Who We’re Looking For: We’d love to meet experienced developers (2-5 years professional experience) who are product-oriented, customer-focused, and motivated to ship code. Qualified candidates must be adaptable, flexible professionals who embrace teamwork, but also enjoy working independently. We are a passionate and highly-focused team pursuing an ambitious vision, but we always keep it light and fun. So, we’re also looking for someone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
You’ll work closely with the founding team to shape the product roadmap and have a real impact on what gets built and how it gets done. You’ll report to one of our engineering leaders and work closely with them to build and foster an empathetic, collaborative tech culture.
We’re based in Chicago, but this is a remote-friendly position for individuals located in the United States. We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences, and we think the only way to build the best possible team, company, and product is by integrating a broad range of ideas and viewpoints.
What You'll Bring to the Team
- 2-5 years experience writing web applications at scale
- Experience with Ruby on Rails (We are a Ruby shop)
- Enthusiastic about automated testing with experience building test suites as part of the development process
- Experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL databases best practices
- Sense of humor and a constant willingness to put yourself in others’ shoes to understand things from their perspective
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with modern Front End frameworks (React, Vue.js, Turbo)
- DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering experience
- Prior startup experience, able to handle sudden requirement and priority changes while keeping a positive outlook
- An eye for design, comfortable expressing/voicing ideas and knowledge about UX and UI
- Great compensation package
- Meaningful equity stake
- Health, mental health, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Flex spending accounts
- Remote-first position
- Flexible PTO with more company holidays than you’re probably used to (for example: four-day weekends for almost all holidays that fall on a Monday or Friday) because we know that a day off just feels better and more relaxing when you know the whole company also has the day off
When you apply: We’d love to know a little more about you outside of your resume, so in your application please also be sure to include a short blurb (some might call it a cover letter) about why you’re interested in New Era and anything else you’d like to share about yourself. As you think about what you want to include, know that we’re committed to building an inclusive team that trusts and supports one another to do our best work while also embracing each other’s diverse and unique interests in real life. So...be your awesome self.