Senior Software Engineer in Test
Published on February 01, 2023
Beyond Finance is a next generation financial services company. Our goal is to provide financial peace of mind to our clients by giving them simple and transparent financial products that are customized to their individual circumstances.
We're in constant pursuit of new collaborators that will help us get to the next level. Our workforce includes celebrated, diverse talents working towards the common objective of developing something transformational for the debt relief industry.
Our team spirit and culture are what set us apart as a company. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it.
About the Role
Our technology team works to build, launch, and evolve our internal applications and consumer-facing web applications. We implement modern agile best practices and fully automated CI/CD pipelines. The SDET role focuses on verifying the quality and reliability of the software. A Senior SDET brings experience and understanding to the team. You must be results-driven and able to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly-growing environment.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management to find and close requirements gaps and create test plans
- Work closely with Software Engineers to deliver new functionality
- Investigate and resolve complex bugs in unfamiliar code
- Mentor other team members on best practices as well as testing and automation strategies
- Offer code reviews on SDET pull requests
- Troubleshoot test and tool failures with no prior context
What We Look For
- 4+ years of experience testing software applications
- Ability to setup and maintain a local Ruby on Rails environment
- Strong understanding of RSpec, Capybara, and Selenium WebDriver
- Ability to understand and help maintain a code pipeline
- Ability to prioritize and deliver stories independently, communicate bugs and risks
- Ability to write complex SQL queries to validate data changes or troubleshoot issues
- Bonus points for experience using BrowserStack and/or Wraith
Want to learn more about our engineering department? Read Day in the Life of a Beyond Finance Software Engineer
The base salary range represents the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered within the range will depend on numerous factors including the individual’s skills, experience, performance, and the location where work is performed. In addition to base salary, this position qualifies for an annual bonus subject to the terms outlined in the company's bonus plan. Full-time employees hired into this position are eligible for health care benefits shown here.
Base Salary Range
Why join us?
We are looking for great people to join a fast-paced, growing, and innovative business. For eligible fulltime employees, we offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- Generous personal time-off
- 401(K) match
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
More importantly, our team spirit and culture are what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
*Beyond Finance is an equal opportunity Employer*
Beyond Finance does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job positions. No fee will be paid to their parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Beyond Finance employees or the Beyond Finance Finance and HR teams. No placement fee will be paid to any third party unless such a request has been made by the Beyond Finance HR team.