Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails
Published on January 27, 2023
At Altrio we are building technology designed to help real estate capital market professionals invest faster, smarter, and more confidently. Our first product Origin is a powerful deal management and analytics platform supporting clients like Brookfield, QuadReal Property Group, and many others. We have significant momentum in market and ambitious product development goals to modernize the $10 trillion global real estate investment industry.
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails) to join the team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Ruby on Rails, as well as experience building and maintaining web applications. In this role, you will be responsible for working on a variety of projects, including new feature development, bug fixing, and performance optimization.
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Have delivered impactful projects from design to production with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Git and other version control tools
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Practitioner of best practices in code health, testability, maintainability, scalability
- Effective communicator who is comfortable seeking and receiving feedback
- Highly collaborative with low ego
- Results oriented developer who takes pride in their craft
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and ship major features for existing and new products using Ruby on Rails
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Collaborate with other developers, designers, and stakeholders to deliver high-quality products
- Troubleshoot and debug issues as they arise
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies
- Mentor junior developers and lead best practices across the team
- Deeply understand the needs of our business and its clients
- Have the opportunity to work full stack
- Help shape our engineering culture, tooling and processes
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Equity in a fast growing startup (we raised Series A funding in June 2022)
- Reimbursements for relevant learning and up-skilling opportunities
- Remote work with access to a downtown Toronto office
- Four weeks of vacation
We are committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce. We believe in fostering an inclusive workplace where all individuals have an opportunity to succeed. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process.
We look forward to hearing from you!