Senior Software Engineer
Published on February 01, 2023
About this Job
You’ll be joining the engineering team responsible for delivering PacerPro’s SaaS and on-premise solutions that orchestrate case data workflows and provide data driven legal insights for our clients. You will be significantly contributing towards the development of our strategic initiatives - using a variety of distributed systems and cloud-technology stacks, driving our next level of growth. As an early member of our small team, you will have ample opportunity to contribute to challenging technical problems and also potentially lead sub teams. You will also have avenues to grow into a higher technical track.
• Work with product management to understand customers' case data workflows to translate their pain points to requirements.
• Gain a solid understanding of one or more customer backend pipelines and integration surfaces.
• Breakdown projects into potentially shippable incremental units within a timeframe.
• Understand the current system architecture and design sub systems.
• Be hands-on and build end-to-end new features and support existing features.
• Engage in all stages of the product development life cycle.
• Adopt a customer-centric and iterative mindset.
• Adhere to and promote engineering best practices such as API design standards, coding standards, code test coverage, code reviews, CI/CD, and documentation.
• Work with lead engineers and mentor junior engineers to deliver on large initiatives.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other computer-related discipline.
• Exposure to a variety of stacks building SaaS platforms and/or on-premise solutions.
• Experience with building sub-systems or services in a distributed system.
• Exposure to one or more backend architectures such as event-driven, micro services, and cloud architectures.
• Experience troubleshooting performance and/or scale issues.
• Proficient in one or more RDBMS or NoSQL databases.
• Strong in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, and design patterns.
• Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with both technical and nontechnical team members.
• Flair for startup work style.
• Prior experience in the legal tech industry is a plus.
PacerPro's mission is to empower better decision making and stronger institutions by making facts, the bedrock of legal analysis, readily and easily accessible. Launched in 2014 as a simple overlay to the PACER system, today our service is the standard for integrating federal court data into workflow and knowledge systems for BigLaw and leading litigation boutiques. This success is due to innovative technology matched with best-in-class customer success and deployment teams.