Senior Full Stack Engineer, SDKs
Published on February 01, 2023
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our SDKs Fullstack team, which is responsible for building and scaling several of Braze's core products - Feature Flags, SDK Authentication, and Ingestion APIs. We own message definition, composition, journey-building, and analytics for our products, including a feature-rich dashboard that allows our customers to compose messages and a highly parallelized platform for sending and processing messaging-related events at scale.
As a senior engineer on the team, you will work with us to build out new features, improve performance, and provide guidance on key architectural decisions. You will have the opportunity to tackle significant engineering challenges, such as architecting new iterations of critical components for our systems and optimizing our systems for resilience as they scale. We greatly value colleagues who help make us better engineers and are excited, in turn, to learn from us. If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you!
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of full-stack development experience
- Experienced technical leader
- Strong understanding of design, data structures and algorithms
- A self starter with great communication and organizational skills and will have worked in a team environment before
- Professional experience building software at scale
- Experience with agile processes
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $170,000 and $184,000/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $180,000 and $200,000/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.