Ruby on Rails Developer (Remote)
Published on January 31, 2023
Talkable is an industry-leading Referral & Loyalty Marketing Platform for E-commerce companies, in business since 2010. We are based in San Francisco with a 60-person team in Kyiv. Our clients include Cult Beauty, TOMS, Stadium Goods, American Eagle, Tarte Cosmetics, Intel, and 200+ other companies. Our investors include YCombinator, 500 Startups, and many leading angel investors. Our mission is to help great companies grow by increasing their sales through our high-end Referral and Loyalty programs. We are profitable and healthy as a business.
Talkable delivers on the promise of marketing by providing the most flexible technology solutions coupled with agency-level managed services in order to enable eCommerce brands to scale truly personal customer interactions and drive revenue growth.
We are scaling up a cool development team and looking for a talented Ruby on Rails Developer! If this sounds interesting, please, apply for the role.
What we offer:
- Work in Agile Product team, hasteless development process.
- The opportunity to work at the leading referral marketing company with an exciting suite of expanding products.
- The opportunity to forge your own path and work on projects you're interested in while contributing to the next phase of Talkable’s scale-up.
- The chance to make your voice heard. We're always open to new ideas and feedback, and we celebrate out-of-the-box thinking to solve problems in new ways.
- A group of talented (and fun!) peers who enjoy our company’s commitment to creating a healthy and enjoyable team dynamic and camaraderie.
- A culture of total transparency. At Talkable, everyone knows the company goals, revenue, and progress across all departments.
- A generous stock option package, unlimited paid vacations, and sick-leave policies, medical/dental benefits.
- The chance to develop your leadership potential at Talkable and expand your responsibilities and influence as you develop your career with us.
- Work on complex features for high load Talkable platform.
- Create new and maintain existing functionality.
- Optimize the platform’s performance.
- Perform a code review.
- Participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle to help create solutions that actually solve problems, not just resolve tickets.
Our main requirements:
- 2+ years of working experience as a backend engineer.
- Excellent general programming skills.
- Proficiency in Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in Test Driven Development and pair programming.
- Comfortable with Git and UNIX/Linux command line.
- Practical experience with RDMBS (MySQL is preferred).
- Ruby on Rails: ~120 000 lines of code.
- MySQL: DB size is ~3 Tb.
- RSpec: ~5100 tests.
- Sidekiq: 3 million jobs per day.
- CircleCI: continuous delivery ~5 releases per day.
- Application Stats:
Workload: 35 000 RPM on average, up to 120 000 RPM at peaks
40+ AWS EC2 Servers
The total amount of sales through the platform per month: ~$20,000,000