Mid / Sr. Backend Engineer - Ruby On Rails (Full Remote Policy)
Published on January 31, 2023
Sendinblue is the European leader in digital marketing software. We are a complete Sales & Marketing toolbox: email, SMS, Facebook ads, chat, CRM, and more in one single SaaS platform. Our mission is to empower all companies with the tools they need to build stronger customer relationships and grow their business through meaningful interactions.
We have a team of more than 600 employees representing over 67 nationalities spread across seven offices located in Paris, Berlin, Sofia, Noida, Bengaluru, Seattle and Toronto.
We’re looking for a backend engineer to join our team that’s building a brand new eCommerce Analytics solution used by tens of thousands of merchants. No years of legacy code will get in your way.
As Backend Engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for application design, code development, testing and deployment and maintenance
- Write well designed and optimised code
- Contribute in all phases of development lifecycle
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product and database to ensure strong optimisation and functionality.
Our technical stack: ReactJS, Redux, Golang, PHP, NodeJs, Kubernetes, Rancher, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Docker, MongoDB, ClickHouse, Nginx, HAProxy
What will contribute to your success:
- At least 3+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer.
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby, Golang, NodeJS or other similar programming language.
- Experience with Git / Github and micro-service architecture.
- Knowledge of Web, APIs (both using and building such).
- Knowledge of SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Autonomy, excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal and motivational skills, with the ability to move cleanly from theoretical to implementation thinking.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- Ability to pick up new technology concepts on the fly and discuss with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Highly positive attitude and ability to build conducive working relationships with colleagues from all levels.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to join an international and collaborative startup environment in a hyper-growth context
- The chance to grow your professional and technical skills, with real room for career progression
- SIBOP: all Sendinblue employees are granted with our shared ownership plan - the more Sendinblue will be valuated, the more you will get
- A modern office in a central location in South Sofia with fun activities
- An umbrella of paid leaves and public holidays (25 days of paid leave per year)
- Flexible remote policy
- Additional medical insurance
- Multisport sports card
- Budget to support your workspace at home
- Bi-annual global company offsite; inter-office trips (when the current sanitary situation permits)
- Virtual Festival & Birthday celebration, Team parties, & team-building outings (including bi-weekly lunch outside of the office)
While we know things are a not that good these days because of COVID-19, we are still looking for great candidates to join our amazing team. Our recruiting process will remain virtual (Hangout, Zoom) to provide a safe experience.
Timeline and details of the hiring process will be shared by the TA team during the first call.
Sendinblue puts diversity and inclusion at the heart of its values. We examine all applications with treatment based on equal skills and applying the principles of non-discrimination.
Sendinblue values work-life balance and offers flexible working hours and remote work. The majority of our teams will be working mostly remote and others will follow a hybrid model depending upon the nature of the job. This policy is based on a mutual understanding between Head of, Managers and Team Members.