Senior Software Engineer - Data
Published on February 01, 2023
At Clearbit, we help our customers build unstoppable growth engines. Our products enable businesses to understand their customers, generate demand, act on intent, and increase conversions all the way down the funnel. Today, Clearbit powers more than 1,500 B2B companies including Asana, Segment, and Atlassian. It's an exciting time to join Clearbit. We're a rapidly growing SaaS company, full of can-do people who care about craft, collaboration, and our customers.
As a software engineer on the Data team at Clearbit, you'll work very closely with the rest of our team to build and maintain our key APIs and the data platform at the heart of our products. We value ownership, curiosity, and creativity.
You will have the ability to take an idea through all the stages from conception to shipping a product. This reflects throughout our company, but is especially true in engineering. As an engineer at Clearbit, you'll be highly independent and autonomous. Since we're building such disparate data APIs and products, you'll be working with a large array of different technologies and fields. Expect lots of interesting challenges!
What You'll Do
- Work with a Ruby/Sinatra/SQL/Postgres/Kafka stack
- Bring new features from concept to shipped product
- Come up with new product directions and contribute with ideas
What will set you up for success:
- 5+ years of development experience
- 3+ years of experience in Ruby
- Independence and self motivation
- Remote first company
When applying, please include:
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose)
Working at Clearbit:
- We invest in personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback, and emotional intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness, so that it's easier to take creative risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself. Your teammates will push you to grow (kindly) and ask for the same in return.
- Building a company takes a physical and mental toll, which is why we think it's incredibly important to make sure that we provide benefits that focus on physical and mental health.
- Our benefits include:- Competitive salary and meaningful equity- Health, dental, and vision for you and your family- Paid parental leave- Mental health resources, coaching and therapy sessions- 401(K)- Education benefits
- The base salary range for this role is $160,000 - $180,000 per year, plus bonus, and equity in the form of stock options. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Don’t meet 100% of the criteria, but think you can do the job? We’d love to chat anyway! We’re on a mission to build diverse teams, and studies have shown that women and folks from marginalized communities are less likely to apply to jobs if they don’t check every box.
We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin, your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and every other belief and characteristic that make you, YOU. The more inclusive we are, the better we — and our work — will be.
Clearbit is an equal opportunity employer.