Remote Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Published on February 04, 2023
👋 Howdy! Stuart here, founder and head of engineering at Rivo :)
- Are you a full stack Rubyist with 6+ years experience?
- Do you want to work on the bleeding edge of the latest Rails has to offer? (Rails 7 & Hotwire)
- Interested in helping build and scale a rapidly growing Saas Company while sticking to Rails best practices?
If so - awesome! Keep reading. If not - no worries, perhaps we'll cross paths in the future.
What is Rivo?
We're a loyalty and reviews platform for fast-growing ecommerce brands. We're positioned as a developer-friendly solution in a market of cookie-cutter offerings.
About the job
With the help of our small team, (and some awesome team members at thoughtbot) - we've built an amazing platform on Rails that has scaled wonderfully so far.
To give a small indication, we process roughly 20-30M Sidekiq Jobs per day and are adding 8-10M db rows per day.
How we're different
We might lose you here :)
1. We believe in writing Rails in a particular style, sticking close to standardrb and general Rails best practices.
2. If a feature takes our competitors 8 weeks to build, we build a solid MVP in 8-10 days. We utilize the 80/20 principle to focus on what matters and just ship. Of course, we look at the usage metrics, then come back and complete the other 20% over time.
If this sounds like your style, we'd love to chat.
Who you are
- LOVE Rails Best Practices
- Can operate in a high-octane environment
- You utilize the Pareto principle (80/20)
- Prefer 5 minute daily standups > long drawn out meetings
- 6+ years of professional software development experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Postgres, Sidekiq and Redis.
- The ability to adjust to our high octane workflow. One of our core values is to create what works in its simplest form and iterate based on metrics and feedback. We don't have long release cycles 🤗
- The ability to work in EST or PDT timezone, or at least overlap by 5 hours.
Things we love ❤️
- Living by our GAINS core values of
- G_rowth Mindset
- A_nalyze Before Assuming
- I_ terate & Improve
- N_urture Relationships
- Helping our fellow team members and having a stress-free work environment!
Things we avoid 🤮
- Egos & Drama
- Wasting time
Salary is negotiable and based upon experience. Everyone should earn what they feel is fair. This is a remote, full-time role (40+ hours/week).
How to apply
Do you want to join our team as our new Ruby on Rails Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!