Full-Stack Developer (Ruby On Rails / React)
- Work closely with the development team and product owners to build code across the entire stack from React to Rails, including:
- Developing full UI/UX for new customer-facing features in React/Redux
- Adding APIs to the JSON/Rails backend when needed
- Patching bugs, writing end-to-end tests, refactoring and improving code quality, scalability, performance and security
- Doing DevOps: monitoring, fixing, and improving operational performance, improving development process. Deploying code and rolling back problematic code when necessary.
- Taking responsibility to maintain platform stability during on-call rotation
- Helping us to evolve our architecture to use the latest technologies
- Communicate effectively using your expertise, skills, and influence to help everyone on the team achieve even better results.
- Participate in team meetings (such as our weekly “Show and Tell” meeting) and attend conferences as needed.
- Demonstrate an ownership mentality. We don’t hire people who just need a job. We hire people vested in the long-term performance and financial success of BidWrangler.
- Develop your skills. Learn things you don’t already know; become even better at things that you do.
- Learn about the auction industry. Understand BidWrangler’s customers, problems, and competitors.
- Ruby on Rails
- AWS, AWS ElasticBeanstalk
- Full time position
- Opportunity to work in our Harrisonburg, Va. office or remotely
At BidWrangler, we embrace these core values:
- Treat customers like teammates and help them succeed.
- Be a generous listener.
- Show empathy.
- Have your team’s back in business and in life.
- Be honest, even if it means owning failure or facing fears.
- Find work that you are passionate about.
- Be curious and embrace change.