Ruby on Rails Engineer - Contractor (Remote). 20-40 hours per week.
Published on February 09, 2023
About The Role
We are looking for a highly motivated, independent, experienced Ruby on Rails developer to begin as a contractor and grow with us over time.
We have a lot of flexibility - this could be a long-term contractor job (if you prefer), or it could grow into a full time job on our team - with management potential, equity, and full benefits – based on your preferences and our needs.
We are looking for:
- Tons of experience in Ruby/Rails (at least 5-8+ years)
- Full-stack experience - including a lot of comfort building both front and back end applications, deploying on Heroku or AWS
- At least 20 hours of time availability most weeks (ideally more)
- Experienced building scalable, performant API integrations
- Highly ethical, trustworthy, impeccable references
- Great at working remotely and producing results independently
- Very positive / hard working attitude and a love challenges and hard problems
- (Very nice to have) Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
You can also reach out to our team directly with questions - at [email protected]
Grupago is the operating system for LatAm eCommerce – enabling any eCommerce company to use any top delivery and payment method in just a few clicks.
Our secret sauce – we are building the first of its kind, instant pay/guaranteed cash on delivery product – that allows people without bank accounts to shop online and pay in cash.
In addition, we are building integrations with all the top delivery companies in LatAm.
Our vision is to power over 1 million small businesses across LatAm - and build trust across businesses and individuals across LatAm.
We are a US and Mexico based venture-capital funded startup led by a serial founder (last company acquired by a major life insurance company), with 20 years of fintech experience.
You will be one of the first engineers to join, and be a major and very important part of our success.
Learn more about us - from this video made especially for engineers interested in learning more:
You can reach out to us directly with any questions at [email protected]