Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer
Published on February 09, 2023
Zipdev is hiring a fully remote Ruby on Rails Full Stack Engineer from Latin America to join our team! The company is a San Diego-based VC-funded business that’s changing the way healthcare practices engage and communicate with their patients by building cool technology. Founded in 2014, we are growing rapidly with plans to double our customer count in 2023. Our products are built internally using the latest technologies and we’re looking to add a motivated and experienced Senior Software Engineer to our team. Come work for the company voted #1 Top Workplace in San Diego by the SD Union-Tribune
You’ll be part of a talented core team of developers to deploy and scale the latest technologies and services on our state-of-the-art platform. You will join a highly motivated team working on building the world’s best learning platform in a hot industry. Your focus on the team will be working directly with the product manager, stakeholders, and other team members to design, implement and test new features and UX improvements on a regular basis.
- Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to participating in DevOps tasks, design reviews, writing stories, coding modules, code reviews, unit testing, and automated RSpec testing
- Follow best practices including but not limited to test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, and code standards
- Contribute to the collective knowledge of the team by educating and mentoring other engineers
- Time management and problem-solving skills
- Collaborate effectively with software engineers, project managers, designers, and external teams in an agile environment
- Participate in project scoping and planning, including shaping and estimating of project tasks
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will work with a brilliant team both collaboratively and as an individual contributor leading the design, implementation, and support of products and features which accelerate our goal of becoming an industry leader in Healthcare IT.
- 5+ years of software development experience with Ruby on Rails, focusing on backend development.
- Ruby on Rails expert in the backend
- Excited by the opportunity to build something new and be part of a small team at a startup
- Unix, Git, Postgres, React, and Redis expertise
- Ability to interpret product architecture and system design
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Systems
- Believes every good feature deserves a unit test or two and believes in refactoring
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Expresses opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers.
- Track record of delivering software that exceeds expectations
- Agile Software Development background
- Excellent English communication skills
- Currently live in Latin America
Our Recruitment Process
- 15-minute Initial Call
- 20-minute take-home skills test
- 30-minute Call with Recruiter (project, benefits, etc.)
- Interviews directly with the client (depending on the project the # of interviews may vary, this may include a code assessment)
- Final Offer!
- Work Remote Monday - Friday, 40 hours a week (no weekends)
- Vacation: 10 business days a year
- Holidays: 5 National Holidays a year
- Company Holidays: 5 Company Holidays a year (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day, Zipdev Day)
- Major Medical Insurance
- Active Lifestyle/Gym Reimbursement
- Quarterly Home Office Reimbursement
- Performance-based Bonus
- Continuous Education Bonus
- Access to Training and Professional Development Platforms
- Did we mention its REMOTE