Software Engineer II
Published on February 17, 2023
Beyond Finance is a next generation financial services company. Our goal is to provide financial peace of mind to our clients by giving them simple and transparent financial products that are customized to their individual circumstances.
We're in constant pursuit of new collaborators that will help us get to the next level. Our workforce includes celebrated, diverse talents working towards the common objective of developing something transformational for the debt relief industry.
Our team spirit and culture are what set us apart as a company. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it.
We are seeking a Software Engineer II for a new product line that is in early-stage, digital growth, to help empower consumers to improve their financial health. We continuously work to simplify the process of financial solutions discovery, learning, and selection, and partner with next-generation FinTechs to provide our users access to these best-in-class personalized solutions. We help people find what’s right for them, and help FinTechs fuel growth.
About The Role
You’ll play a role in helping move our platform technology forward. We’re a small group that values clear communication, transparency, and collaboration. We drive progress by small iterations and reflecting on how we can best work together.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to decisions for greenfield projects that will drive the business for the next 3-5 years
- Help build our internal-facing API’s, asynchronous back end processing, and third-party integrations using Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and AWS
- Participate in technical conversations with other engineers and help steer decisions in the right direction
- Offer constructive and respectful feedback via code reviews
- Research and promote design patterns and practices that fit our technical challenges
- Write automated unit and integration tests as well as build tools to assist in testing various aspects of our platform
- Build in business and technical metrics alongside the features themselves to further us as a data-driven organization
- Work with our devops team to ensure our CI/CD pipeline built with CircleCI, Jenkins, and AWS tooling fits our growing needs.
- Receive a personalized development program and sponsorship from your manager
What We Look For
- (Required) 2+ Year professional experience developing, releasing, and maintaining production-quality software using Ruby on Rails.
- Expertise in building and consuming APIs
- Strong knowledge of database design and writing SQL statements
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues in unfamiliar code
- Experience scoping projects into small iterations for release
- Clear and efficient communication skills
The base salary range represents the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered within the range will depend on numerous factors including the individual’s skills, experience, performance, and the location where work is performed. In addition to base salary, this position qualifies for an annual bonus subject to the terms outlined in the company's bonus plan. Full-time employees hired into this position are eligible for health care benefits shown here.
Base Salary Range
Why join us?
We are looking for great people to join a fast-paced, growing, and innovative business. For eligible fulltime employees, we offer:
- Considerable employer contributions for health, dental and vision programs
- Generous personal time-off
- 401(K) match
- Merit advancement opportunities
- Career development & training
More importantly, our team spirit and culture are what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
*Beyond Finance is an equal opportunity Employer*
Beyond Finance does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job positions. No fee will be paid to their parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to Beyond Finance employees or the Beyond Finance Finance and HR teams. No placement fee will be paid to any third party unless such a request has been made by the Beyond Finance HR team.