Senior Software Engineer
Published on February 16, 2023
Spreedly is the world's leading Payments Orchestration solution. Our vision is that the world is better with a diversified, inclusive payment ecosystem. Our mission is to accelerate commerce with an open, secure, and flexible payment platform that welcomes all payment participants. Backed by Spectrum Equity, with a $75M investment, Spreedly is experiencing rapid growth.
We now serve 600 customers globally. Many of these direct customers are platforms and marketplaces that have thousands of their merchants leveraging our payments platform. Our customers include industry leaders in digital goods, order ahead and delivery, online marketplaces, donation/giving platforms, event ticketing, and financial services.
Our employees help us execute against our vision through building a culture focused on autonomy, transparency, and collaboration in a dynamic, high-growth organization.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join us in a team leadership role, engaging engineering excellence alongside a highly collaborative group of business-minded technologists and giving back to the customers and the payments community. This is a great opportunity for a senior industry professional to apply their industry and academic experience and engage with engineering management, senior engineers, and architects to drive concepts to customer delight in an agile fashion. As a team leader in Spreedly's Software Engineering org, you will be a driving force behind the delivery of multiple business objectives that leverage and extend our technical platforms.
- Drive continuous improvement of SDLC, programming principles, combined with empirical professional experience into innovative solutions for next generation software applications
- Develop, integrate, document libraries, frameworks and APIs that allow us to effectively scale development on our applications across multiple projects as common services or components, within scope, cost, time & quality constraints
- Build quality into agile product lifecycle encompassing requirements, design, code, testing, delivery, support
- Participate in planning sessions as a technical SME and decomposing work to approachable portions that can be delegated to other engineers
- Support our products, identify and fix root causes of production incidents, own troubleshooting and resolution of support issues
- Participate in discovery, solutioning, monitoring, and incident response/resolution
- Demonstrate data-driven analysis and pragmatic decision making aligned with business and technology needs
- Differentiate between immediate needs vs long term solutions
- Serve as a technical lead for your team as needed or special purpose projects per business priority
- Stay current with learning current trends in technology while mentoring and guiding other engineers
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, REST services, SOA, micro-services, unit testing, mocking frameworks, automation frameworks
- 3+ years experience working with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) in a mature CI/CD SDLC environment
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms, object-oriented programming, web development, design patterns, SOLID principles, cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL/NO SQL databases and ORM/DAO concepts
- Ability to quickly get up to speed in a Ruby development environment
- Strong communication, partnership, teamwork and influencing skills required
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in computer science, or equivalent experience
Bonus Points For...
- Open source contribution, repositories, personal projects
- Participation in communities of interest, meetups
- Certifications in technology, agile methodologies
- Prior experience in agile implemented at scale across multiple teams globally
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + Equity
- Outstanding Medical and Dental Insurance: Premiums are 100% company paid for employees and families
- Note: We offer two PPO health insurance plans: A traditional copay and a high deductible with HSA. Spreedly contributes $1,200/$2,400 per year to the HSA for those choosing the high deductible plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Optional Vision insurance and various Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Open Paid Time Off policy + 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Matching 401k plan (5% up to $5,000 yearly)
- Monthly digital lifestyle stipend ($150), new MacBook, and $200 accessory reimbursement
- $3,000 annual Professional Development stipend and free LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Flexible, remote friendly work environment
- Quarterly visits to HQ for remote employees
Spreedly is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We actively work to drive out even unintentional discrimination in our hiring processes via practices like blindly graded work samples, structured interviews, and diversity awareness training.
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does- handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
Some of our positions are open to remote applicants. If this is the case it will be sited in the job posting just below the position name. Unless otherwise stated, remote positions are open to candidates in the contiguous US only. We are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, or outside the contiguous US. All applicants must have a US work visa.
We appreciate your interest in our company. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we may only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.