Sr. Software Engineer - Ruby On Rails (Asset Squad)
Brandfolder by Smartsheet is looking for a talented and motivated Sr. Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails) to join our Product Engineering team and expand our impact as an established leader in Digital Asset Management. You will inspire the most recognizable brands in the world, including TripAdvisor and Slack and GettyImages clients, by helping manage petabytes of brand assets and building a product that makes company assets easily discoverable while surfacing strategic insights that help increase brand engagement. At our core, Brandfolder is brand-focused, crafts simple and intuitive experiences, and builds elegant and scalable solutions. Our business is built on finding great people and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. You will help our platform scale while delivering industry-leading capabilities to our customers. Lastly, you will use your knowledge and experience to build high performance applications and the tools to support them to curate best practices with the team.
Who are we looking for? You have a solid foundation in modern web applications and can confidently execute on projects independently and collaboratively with your team through the full software lifecycle. You have a passion and enthusiasm for building, designing, and maintaining highly available and scalable distributed systems handling millions of API requests and managing millions of brand assets.
Do you want a role where your contributions directly affect the success of the company? Will you make a name for yourself at Brandfolder? You will be joining a team of highly autonomous and empowered individuals that are passionate, curious, eager, and humble. The Product Engineering team at Brandfolder collaborate on a daily basis to drive an exceptional customer experience with simplicity and ease-of-use in mind. We believe in having fun, both inside and outside of the office, and being flexible to expand and evolve our culture as our team grows. We embrace that each interaction and opportunity for feedback helps us grow individually and collectively. We face the challenges ahead of us as a team and work collaboratively to solve them; see our blog https://brandfolder.team/ and our most recent blog post on Postgres Optimization.
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Smartsheet (Brandfolder) provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional and educational experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado, the range of starting pay for this position is between $143,000 and $179,000. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive annual bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. Here’s a little more on what we’re seeking:
What you’ll do
- Join a collaborative and inclusive team of the most savvy devs in Denver
- Develop and deploy cloud native applications primarily written in Ruby on Rails
- Influence the technical direction and promote a collaborative design process
- Contribute to best-in-class development patterns, practices, shipping code daily
- Develop and own new features from the ground up, with the support of your team
- Advocate for software development and deployment best practices
- Become an integral contributor to the various platforms our team works on
- Consider solving problems at scale for all platforms we integrate with
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 3-5 years of professional software development experience in Ruby on Rails
- Positive attitude and the adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally and within product, design, and development
- The drive to take initiative and own high-impact projects
- Relentless passion and commitment to drive continuous improvement within the team and department and drive business results.
Bonus Points for
- A growth mindset and passion for learning
- Experience and passion for building and scaling SaaS applications
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Postgres and DB performance optimization
- Understanding of deployment best practices
- Familiarity with Google Cloud and/or cloud native software
Perks & Benefits
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!