Joining Beam Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
Beam is looking for Software Engineers with a passion for building user-focused projects. Our engineers get the opportunity to work throughout our broad suite of products, using a diverse set of technologies and shipping code at a regular cadence.
What You Will Bring:
You’re an engineer with a passion for people and products. You're excited to work closely with partners in Product and Design to fully own and rapidly iterate on your projects. You are always striving to improve yourself, your team, the product, and the company. You love learning by digging into code alongside your team and strive to ensure we deliver quality products. You have a history of leveling up your teammates and thrive in a collaborative environment.
What You Will Do:
- Ship features on a regular basis to hone your skills and better our products
- Engage closely with Product and Design counterparts within your group to fully own your projects
- Work with senior engineers to make design decisions with guidance
- Make steady progress on tasks and know when to ask for help in order to get unblocked or to alert your Engineering Leader when time concerns arise
- Collaborate with senior engineers to develop mentorship materials
- Strive to leave code better than you found it with appropriate test coverage to improve overall quality of the codebase
What Technical Skills Will Help You Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building either Ruby or React applications
- Focus on User Experience.Working knowledge of source control (Git)
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (SASS or LESS)
- Familiarity with MySQL or other relational databases
- Familiarity with testing frameworks like Cypress, Jest and RSpec.
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.