Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Hunter's product team is hiring a senior Ruby on Rails developer! You'll become one of the key team members responsible for moving the Hunter application forward.
We love working as a small team and don't hire frequently. So this is a rare and exciting opportunity to join the team. You'll be part of the product team alongside Bastien (head of engineering), Bernardo (Backend go developer), Chris (Designer) François, and Antoine (co-founders).
We’ve set up a great work environment for our team, focusing on autonomy and growth. We take full advantage of the fact we’re entirely remote by focusing primarily on async communication and limiting the number of video meetings. Finally, you’ll get to participate in discussions shaping the future of the product.
About the role
At Hunter, we love working with Ruby on Rails as it allows us to be highly productive while our team stays small. We believe in always finding the most elegant way to build our product.
As part of a small group within a young company, you will work on various projects over time, but you can expect that:
- You'll work on our main Ruby on Rails codebase that handles the hunter.io domain and APIs.
- Within a few weeks, you'll become responsible for significant projects that will improve Hunter by building new critical features in our existing services. Over time, you'll help expand our product line.
- The systems you code will process large amounts of data, and you'll need to find solutions they do not become bottlenecks.
- You'll get a high level of autonomy in your work and help shape future development efforts.
- You'll gather feedback from our Support team to find issues in our current system and improve it.
Hunter is a fully remote team, and this is a remote job. It is open to anyone located in Europe.
Here are some of the tasks you will work on right away:
- Allow our users to use their customs domains for the tracking in the Hunter Campaigns.
- Work with the marketing team to improve our conversion tunnels by improving the account creation and checkout flows.
- You have multiple years of experience working with Ruby on Rails (or similar MVC frameworks).
- You know and enjoy working with Ruby.
- You're confident you can have a high level of autonomy and enjoy making decisions for yourself.
- You're excited to take ownership of projects, set directions, and make calls. You're able to communicate clearly with your colleagues.
- You have experience in remote working. You're comfortable working primarily with asynchronous communication and don't need a lot of handholding or supervision.
Salespeople, marketers, and recruiters use Hunter to reach out to the people that matter for their business. We index B2B data from millions of public web pages and make it convenient to explore with simple but powerful tools.
Hunter is the most popular solution to find professional email addresses. It is used by almost 3 million people and leading companies such as Google, Adobe, Microsoft, or IBM.
Hunter was founded in 2015 and is a self-funded company. We're a team of 11 people working remotely from Europe, America, and Asia. Twice a year, the team meets in a company retreat in Europe.
Being part of Hunter will also get you:
- A yearly gross compensation ranging between 80k and 130k USD
- Five weeks of paid vacations per year
- Health insurance
- Employment status (you won’t be a contractor)
- Coworking space membership
- Fully-paid setup (including a MacBook Pro, standing desk, ergonomic chair, etc.)