Senior Ruby on Rails developer
Lifetimely is a fast-growing B2B SaaS company looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails engineer to help build out our SaaS product serving 4000+ e-commerce stores. Lifetimely users include names like MrBeast’s snacking brand Feastables, Liquid Death, and Colgate.
You can read about our app on the Shopify app store. We provide real-time reporting to ecommerce shop owners. To give you a sense of scale - we collect data on millions of orders per day from thousands of ecommerce stores and process many millions of background jobs to be able to deliver quality reporting and insights to our customers.
We're looking to add a great RoR developer to our existing team.
🔍 We are looking for someone who: 🔍
- has worked on and had to support a web app in production for at least 2 years
- has a track record of shipping web apps preferably in Ruby on Rails in the last 4+ years
- has experience with a relational database and is good at SQL
- Can handle either frontend or backend work
- humble, can mentor others, both provide and receive direction and is always willing to share what they learn
- overlaps with EST or CET zone at least 5 hours ( prefer Europe / Africa / South-America )
🔨 What you will do: 🔨
- add new e-commerce related reports to help our customers grow their business
- build new integrations with external data sources we use to augment our reports
- optimize our existing backend processing jobs
- contribute to our new predictive algorithms and machine learning processes
☘️ Where we are and how we work: ☘️
- We are a distributed team all over the globe but our development team is mainly working during Western European & US east coast working hours.
- We are used to async communication over Slack but also have regular weekly meetings to sync up.
- We optimize new features for the long term. For us, this is not a sprint but a marathon.
Working for Lifetimely doesn't feel like the usual office or startup gig: we are a distributed group of ten people across nine different countries 🇫🇮 🇺🇸 🇮🇳 🇫🇷 🇨🇱 🇪🇬 🇪🇸 🇮🇶 🇭🇷 with our own way of working. Some of us are nomads, some just like working remotely. We highly encourage written (long-form) communication and documenting things on Notion and generally don't like tight fixed schedules. There is not really much management or oversight, we expect you to know how to manage yourself.
We prioritize shipping and results above how or when you do the work.
Two meetings per week, one for the devs on Tuesday, and another one on Thursdays for everyone. That's it.
If you are into distributed work and prefer the lifestyle aspects or maybe live somewhere with not a lot of exciting startups, you will enjoy working with us.
Compensation for this position is between $40k-$60k and varies with experience and skillset. This is a full-time position with paid time off: you will be employed through Deel.com either as an employee with benefits or as a contractor depending on your preferences and location.
🌎 Location 🌎
Europe / Africa / North & South America
(Sorry, currently we cannot hire in Asia even if you are able to work "our" timezone - it would not be healthy but hopefully, we can expand there soon).
👷 Hiring process 👷
Our process has three steps:
- A simple coding task that takes no more than 30 min and can be done at your convenience
- Video call where we discuss the task and ask you about your experience
- A paid trial two-week contract (if your current role allows) where you work with us as if you were full-time. If this is not possible we can also do a traditional tech interview instead.
How to Apply
✍ How to apply? ✍
Tell us about:
- Describe the largest web app you worked on and the most challenging problem you worked on?
- The timezone you are in?
- When can you start at the earliest?