Published on February 19, 2023
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, Celonis and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, Germany and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
About the opportunity
How you can help make a better world of work
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our newly spun up Recognition team. If you are experienced in driving technical change and excited by building tools and establishing patterns that amplify other engineers, then we'd love to speak with you. As part of this team, you will play an instrumental part in mentoring the Back End Engineers toward writing a modern, event sourced codebase.
In part of this team of amazing humans,
- Write clean, scalable, testable code to enable data sharing between services.
- Share knowledge from your team with other engineers via documentation
- Collaborate with other teams to define specifications for new events we want to consume.
- Coach other experienced developers in the team, toward writing clean event based code.
- Experience with Ruby, or other modern programming fundamentals
- Passion to learn Event Sourced architecture and/or Kafka
- Data modelling skills
- A growth mindset - you’re keen to learn from those around you and want to share your knowledge as well.
- Collaboration - our teams are cross functional and you’ll be working with other engineers, delivery leads and product managers to deliver great outcomes together.
- Experience/knowledge of AWS
- Experience in a modern simplified Ruby framework Hanami, https://hanamirb.org/
Please keep reading!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply for roles unless they meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates that meet significantly fewer of the requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re at all interested: we’d love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not only for company performance, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to anti-racism and lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). View our current commitments to anti-racism.
We ensure you have the tools and support you need to thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A MacBook — for you to do great work where it suits you
- Share options — it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in-work support program — for those starting or growing their family
- Flexible working arrangements — wherever we can we aim to make work support the life you want to lead
- Fun and inclusive digital and (in the future) in-person events
- And most importantly: an opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives.
Thank you for taking the time to read this advert. If you decide to apply, as part of your application, we will ask you to complete voluntary diversity questions (excluding Germany). Please watch this video from our amazing DEI Leader, Aubrey Blanche to share more on why we collect the data and how we will use it.