Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
At Donut we are on a mission to create more trusting, collaborative, and successful work relationships. We believe genuine relationships are the key to being engaged, happy, and successful at work.
Donut came together over a shared passion to help people connect, and the insight that strong relationships at work are the bedrock of a successful team. Employees who feel socially connected to their coworkers express greater individual purpose and fulfillment, less workplace loneliness and isolation, and improved performance and productivity. We are building a company that embodies those ideals while instilling them in others.
How we work:
Currently, our small, but scrappy remote engineering team consists of empathetic and caring individuals dedicated to unlocking the power of human connection. We build new features together in two week sprints. Everyone writes code, reviews pull requests, and participates in our engineering support shift rotation. Our core connection hours are 11am – 5pm ET.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer with an affinity for server performance and stability to join us during this exciting time of growth and expansion. As part of a small team, you’ll have the opportunity to have an outsized impact on the success of our company through helping to shape our culture while building products that touch thousands of companies around the world.
What You’ll Do
- Develop the backend of new product features
- Find and address issues that improve app stability and performance
- Make significant contributions to every aspect of the product and business
- Provide expertise and leadership to the Engineering team
- Mentor and sponsor other engineers
- Contribute to an inclusive culture
- Inspire learning and continuous improvement
- Identify when we’re starting to outgrow a system or tool and propose solutions
- Strong Ruby on Rails Skill Set. You are a seasoned Ruby on Rails developer (around 6+ years experience) with a strong preference for collaborative learning environments. You have familiarity with Heroku, AWS, or other cloud service providers.
- Quality Oriented. You are accustomed to maintaining and monitoring systems, and are passionate about continually improving codebase health. We use Sentry and Papertrail for logging, HireFire for scaling, CircleCI for continuous deployment, plus Sisense (Periscope) and Mixpanel for analytics.
- Future Focussed. You look out for opportunities to proactively make upgrades and prepare to scale systems before the product outgrows them.
- Self-sufficient. You are capable of leading, managing, and delivering projects with minimal guidance. You enjoy a fast-paced startup environment.
- Highly Organized. You thrive on bringing order to the software development process.
Our hiring process:
We’re a small team so it may take us a little more time to review your application. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
If we like your resume and application, our interview process consists of practical technical interviews relating to day-to-day tasks, a take home code challenge, a product related interview, and finally a conversation with the CEO. Along the way, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ask various team members questions about working at Donut.
The salary range for this role is $130,000-$175,000 annually.
Benefits (full-time US employees)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion program
- Unlimited paid time off and 10 company holidays
- Paid family leave
- Monitor stipend
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefit