Published on February 19, 2023
Big Think is a new media publisher exploring the world’s biggest questions with the world’s biggest thinkers. We release short-form interview videos with academics, researchers, scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, and activists who are grappling with the world’s biggest and most interesting questions.
Big Think and our e-Learning platform, Big Think+, are part of Freethink Media, a platform for people and ideas that are changing the world. Across our two flagship sites, Freethink and Big Think, we publish over 50 new articles and short documentaries every week to a community of more than 10 million followers and subscribers.
Watch this video to see what we're all about: www.freethink.com/about/careers
About the Role
Our learning product, Big Think+, is disrupting the traditional market of bland and generic training content taught by no-name moderators. Big Think+ provides a highly-curated library of expert-led, L&D-designed lessons that enable transformation and drive culture by focusing on developing mindsets and behaviors instead of skills.
What You’ll Do
- Become a product expert – Gain a deep understanding of how the Big Think+ platform operates, so that you can support both our internal teams as well as our customers.
- Support pre-sales efforts – Work with the Big Think+ sales team to understand and address customer needs. Participate in sales calls with potential customers. Develop and deliver responses to RFPs, RFIs, and security questionnaires.
- Support post-sales onboarding – Work with new Big Think+ customers to get their instances created and configured, handle SSO configuration, and ensure that customers are onboarded as quickly and painlessly as possible.
- Develop platform customizations – In response to customer requests, solicit requirements, plan, and implement customizations to the Big Think+ platform, from simple front-end code to more complex back-end updates, or integrations with new external APIs. Work with the rest of the engineering team to coordinate work and to get help when needed.
- Create and maintain runbooks – Collect operational knowledge, processes, and procedures into runbooks. Refine, maintain, and test to keep them up to date.
What You’ll Need
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills
- Background in technology, and the ability to translate technical concepts into language understood by people with varied roles, experience, and perspectives
- Knowledge of, or ability and desire to quickly learn, instructional technology, enterprise IT integration, information security and privacy concerns, and related topics.
- Experience with one or more programming languages and frameworks, with Ruby on Rails being a plus.
- Bonus: Experience in a pre-sales or post-sales role for a SaaS product.
- Bonus: Experience in instructional technology (LMS / LXP) sales, support, or development.
- Bonus: Experience in enterprise IT integrations, including API integrations or SAML 2.0-based SSO setup.
What You’ll Get Out Of this Opportunity
- Collaborative culture in a startup environment
- Competitive salary and benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Commuter Benefits, Mobile Phone Stipend, and more!
- Growth opportunities within a fast-growing company
- Work from home – we’ve been remote-first from inception
- Extensive learning opportunities, both through mentorship as well as access to our Big Think+ library
Do you meet most, but not all of the qualifications for this role? No worries - we invite you to apply if you think you'd be a great match!