Ruby on Rails Engineer
What we're looking for
Themis is looking for a talented software engineer to be part of our initial engineering team. We are bringing to life our vision of making governance accessible and easy for everyone. We are taking workflows typically run on spreadsheets and emails and building beautiful software to make it easier for organizations to adhere to governance requirements and regulations.
We're looking for smart people who are curious, willing to learn and who can embrace a challenge. We are open to a range of commitment levels (full-time, part-time, and contract work) and help team members find the best work structure for their lives.
What you will contribute
You will be establishing our customer-facing portal which will be used by the largest Fintechs and financial companies in the world. The product is in the initial stages of development and we need you to rapidly ship testable and performant code.
A basic wireframe preview of the user experience we’re building.
Who you are
- You have introductory experience with React and/or Ruby on Rails
- Tests are your best friend (you can't write too many!)
- You write clean code, take pride in class design and choose the right level of abstraction
- Assume others will look at your code and document accordingly
- Assume users will do the unexpected and handle error conditions
- Act as a technology generalist, bringing our vision to life will be a challenge and we'll frequently be pushed outside our comfort zones
We require that you have experience building clean user experiences, ideally with react and ruby on rails. You have experience testing in frameworks like rspec, jest and/or cuprite.
Multiple years of experience are not required but you have a track record of curiosity and learning. We strongly believe in people's ability to grow and are looking for people who can grow with us.
Themis is democratizing governance and risk to make it work for companies rather than against them. We are solving the communication gap experienced by most companies that exist between internal departments and external partners by creating simple, intuitive software to monitor and share governance related controls.
- Governance and risk is not a traditionally exciting space however the Themis founding team have a history together which makes building the product fun and approachable.
- By default we believe in people and give them every opportunity to grow. We believe Themis will succeed when team members are given autonomy to solve problems creatively.
- We encourage people to research and leverage innovative tools that can be applied to a traditionally sleepy industry.
- We are focused on speed and quality and are not afraid to cut scope to uphold our standards. To achieve these standards we use modern tools with minimal process and focus on the problems of the day.
- And most importantly, we want you to bring your personality to work and have fun!