Ruby & React Team Lead - Remote
WellSky is seeking a Staff Engineer – Ruby & React Team Lead.
About the Role
- Perform as team lead for Healthify’s Community Impact team
- Own technical vision for architecture of core Healthify product
- Ensure Healthify product system health and scalability
- Own Community Impact team backlog and priority order, ensuring backlog is aligned with product roadmap. Defines sprint goals via prioritized stories
- Maximize the value of work delivered by Community Impact team-- working towards the strategic roadmap for their scope
- Work closely with product & users to understand product requirements
- Participate in iteration planning meetings, retros and interviews
- Scale the number of users and records ingesting in our data pipeline
- Mentor junior engineers
- Perform peer code reviews
- 8 years of professional experience
- Experienced with web technologies (Ruby on Rails, or similar) and frontend single-page applications (React.js, Angular, Ember)
- Experience leading high-functioning software development teams
- Enjoy collaborating with technical and non-technical teams
- Security-oriented approach to all technical problems and PHI data access
And the following would be nice but not required:
- Bachelor's Degree; or 6 years of experience and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience or equivalent experience.
- Experience working in healthcare or social impact-oriented organizations
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS and containerization (Docker)
- Experience with ETL pipelines and/or data visualizations
- Experience or interest in people management
WellSky is a technology company leading the movement for intelligent, coordinated care worldwide. Our next-generation software, analytics, and services power better outcomes and lower costs for stakeholders across the health and community care continuum. In today’s value-based care environment, WellSky helps providers, payers, health systems, and community organizations solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, harness the power of data analytics, and achieve better outcomes by further connecting clinical and social care. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks, cell therapy labs, blood centers, home health and hospice franchises, post-acute providers, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates clients’ needs and innovates relentlessly to ultimately help more people thrive.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, including generous paid time off programming, and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity, and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.