Senior Fullstack Developer - RoR & React.js Remote, Full Time- LATAM
Published on February 21, 2023
Our ideal candidate is passionate not only about functional products but well-designed ones as well. This position involves interacting with U.S.-based clients so your English level must meet this standard. This is a full-time, 40 hour/week remote role, and candidates must be available to work Eastern Standard Time.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; emphasis in engineering, data science, computer science, or information systems is preferred.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience with SaaS applications
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails and React is a must. Experience with Backone.js, webpack, Rspec, and Terraform is a plus.
- Knowledge of Git source control, versioning/branching, rebasing, etc.
- Use of AWS systems (RDS, EC2, RDS, Security Groups, CloudWatch, Ops tools, etc.)
- Experience with Agile SCRUM model
- Proficiency with code coverage and unit testing frameworks
- Familiar with Ticket tracking such as JIRA/Pivotal
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, secure sessions, identity and access management providers (OAuth, SAML, etc.)
- Advanced experience with database queries, SQL, optimization and tuning (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of caching systems (Redis, Memcache, Elasticache)
- Familiar with queueing systems (SQS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.)
- You have a B2 level of English or above (Full professional proficiency).
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Build subject matter expertise on your team’s code base and platform.
- Write clean, production-ready code that is easily understood and well tested.
- Do no harm and leave it better than you found it when refactoring components.
- Serve in an on-call rotation (DevOps philosophy where you will participate in ops) and respond promptly to any production issues to remediate rapidly.
- Be a teammate, communicate well, show up when expected, and be available.
- Write secure code. Avoid introducing an OWASP vulnerability. Know how APIs are secured, sessions are handled, and data is validated properly.
- Work in an agile development model and participate, or even lead, sprint planning activities to break down epics, estimate accurately and consistently.
- Look for surface dependencies that can create technical challenges, bottlenecks, or otherwise inhibit deliveries.
- Build reliable observability; monitor and log alerts to ensure the team is aware of and can respond to, quality issues or outages.
- Help other teammates resolve complex problems or think through design/architecture challenges. Be available and responsive.
- Foster an excellent engineering culture based in trust, accountability, character, and honesty.
- Seek feedback and deliver constructive criticism (e.g., code reviews) in a tactful and empathetic manner; build others up and mentor without ego.
- Be proactive in moving to new cards/stories and contributing to the team’s forward momentum.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure high quality deliveries.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- 100% remote culture.
- $1000 yearly bonus for continued education.
- 15 days of PTO.
- Local holidays off.
- Unlimited sick days.
- Competitive salaries (plus raises and career advancements!).
- Generous parental leave.
- Flexible work schedule (family friendly!).
- Annual Company Retreat Travel.
- If you need equipment, we can provide it to you!
FOR COLOMBIA ONLY:
- *You can choose to be an independent contractor to earn in US dollars or a direct employee with a Colombian contract. *
Flatirons Development is a boutique product development consultancy co-located in Boulder, Colorado and Colombia. Flatirons Development was created to transform the traditional development consultancy, which specializes in building software, to a model that is primarily focused on making successful products. Our core focus, above and beyond building great software, is to build impactful products that improve business metrics. Our leadership team consists of seasoned web and mobile product management, design, and software development. We consider ourselves to be a design-forward agency.
For more information, visit https://flatironsdevelopment.com