Remote Senior Software Engineer
Published on February 20, 2023
About This Role
Hello, prospective pickle! Design Pickle is looking for a versatile and passionate Senior Software Engineer to join us in pushing our products and technology forward. You will play a key role in building the next generation of creative products that power collaboration between Design Pickle’s customers and the global network of creatives. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages, and systems and be responsible for all aspects of software development.
The ideal candidate will combine superb technical, research, and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. Given our aspirational vision to be the most helpful creative platform in the world and the nature of our products, this role requires entrepreneurial drive and thinking, comfort with ambiguity, and experience building large-scale, high-performance web applications/systems for a global audience.
If you have ever wanted to make a significant contribution and help shape the trajectory of a startup, this role is for you!
Reports to: Director of Engineering
On a daily basis, works closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers.
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We’re a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don’t stress if pickles aren’t your thing. It’s not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something, though, because our employees’ uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we’re looking for individuals who have...
- 6+ years of enterprise software development experience.
- 4+ years of programming experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Ruby and Java.
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (technical architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Working knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Experience leading large-scale projects, communicating, and working across functions to drive solutions.
- History of delivering products/systems through their entire lifecycle, from idea conception, technical planning, implementation, launch, measurement, and maintenance/iteration.
Bonus Pickle Points:
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and experience driving operational excellence and best practices within a product and engineering organization.
- Familiarly with SaaS, containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, and delivery.
- Hands-on AWS experience with production workloads.
- Knowledge or strong interest in Go or Swift.
- Knowledge of machine learning or neural networks.
- Experience with agile software development practices.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (we’re a remote-first company, so effective communication is vital).
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and lead projects for new and existing collaboration products and features.
- Contribute to broader architecture discussions to make our systems even more resilient and scalable.
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers, and other engineers to identify customer needs and build technical solutions.
- Design and build robust service APIs that interact with internal and external clients.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers through pair programming, code reviews, application of new technologies, and best practices.