What will you do as a Ruby Engineer?
- Design, build and maintain our backend Ruby and Kotlin applications
- Define and refine technical best practices for scrum teams
- Work with leadership stakeholders on company-wide initiatives
- Influence the work of multiple teams to align with broader engineering team objectives
- Build technical expertise and collateral to strengthen our position as a leader in technology
What do you have as a Ruby Engineer?
- Fluency in Ruby and RSpec or similar testing frameworks
- Experience with Kotlin and/or Java
- Expertise with RESTful API conventions
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- A desire to collaborate with and elevate your team to produce outstanding, high quality products
- Demonstrated success leading technical implementations
- Past success mentoring developers and helping your entire team perform better
What other skills will help?
- Fluency in Typescript or Python
- Ability to strike a balance between the needs of today with building towards a greater future
- Experience with data driven development to build, scope and define features that have a measurable impact
- Experience with domain driven design to help explain and simplify complex problems
- Experience with scrum fundamentals
But wait, there’s more: As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Did you know that women and minorities are less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications? Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply anyway. Don’t count yourself out!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.