Senior Back-End Engineer
We believe everyone can love their work & build a meaningful career. Our aim is to bring people tools and real-time guidance that empower them to build a career they love. We are working towards providing people with a platform that enables confident career decisions from the day they start working to the day they retire!
Companies have HR, but most employees really only have... Google…. Does the idea of empowering every professional in the world with the tools, insights and guidance for their career appeal to you? Do you believe a Calm or Peloton for careers SHOULD exist? Then read on because we might just have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a seasoned Rails developer. You will be working directly with our CTO, our engineers and our designers to build out features that surface insight, guidance and time savings to our users.
As a Back-end Engineer at Teal you will:
- Build out features that offer insights and guidance for our users
- Help maintain existing services
- Collaborate with our designers and business stakeholders, brainstorm, have fun :)
- Develop and shape the company’s backend standards and processes
You Have Experience:
- With our stack: Rails, Postgres, Redis, Heroku
- With testing, and you love it
- Working in a startup environment where helping to build culture and processes is just as important as building code
What Awesome Looks Like:
At day 1:
- You’ve made your first pull request, perhaps a missing test, or readme improvement.
At 1 week:
- You have a good idea of how the backend services work.
- You have a small PR merged into the master.
At 1 month:
- You’ve deployed your first full feature.
- You’ve associated this feature with a metric and seen how your feature has moved the needle on this metric.
At 3 months:
- You are fully fluent in our platform, showing us what is possible, and what can be improved.
- You are helping us plan major features.
Who We Are:
A small team of innovative, collaborative, and dedicated individuals passionate about helping people build meaningful careers. Our backgrounds range from Architecture to Digital Design and from Human Resources to Software Engineering. We are travelers, pet lovers, musicians, parents, scuba divers, podcasters, readers, gamers, croquet players, and puzzle masters. We focus on aligning intentions, which typically results in fewer miscommunications, fewer meetings, and better outcomes. We adhere to a “what-by-when” mentality, which means the hours you keep are up to you, and we value your ability to set expectations and do your best to meet them.
What We Offer:
- Salary Range: $140,000 - $170,000 depending on seniority & geography
- Incentive Stock Options proportionate to salary
- Fully remote work team & remote office stipend (coworking, laptop, etc.)
- Career development stipend
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- 12-week paid parental leave
- 80 - 100% coverage of health insurance for the full family, Commuter Benefits & 401K Benefits with company matching.
- Guaranteed 1-month severance if things don’t work out. You are trusting us with your career, and we want you to know we take it seriously.
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity: (Come as you are. Feel welcome. Feel safe.) We are committed to safeguarding our workplace from all forms of discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, disability, military status, or family status. This commitment extends to all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, interviewing, selection, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.