Software Engineer - ROR
Published on February 24, 2023
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 4,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be a part of a team who can turn product ideas into reality by designing components and services for new feature developments. You will implement scalable architecture and work with an enthusiastic team contributing to robust projects that will be critical for Fleet Safety such as server solutions that interface with best in class Dashcams, tracking critical driving events, and tools for both Safety managers and drivers.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to design and document scalable solutions
- Ability to write secure, maintainable code that powers the platform that connects the world’s trucks
- Launch and support features that will be used by trucking industry and its partners
- Lead code reviews and help to guide software architecture decisions
- Resource for the product team to determine technical feasibility of features
What We're Looking For:
- 8+ years of software development experience
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- An affinity for creating software that is extensible, performant, and easy to read
- Strong programming skills in one or more of these languages: Ruby (Rails), GoLang, Java, Python, or NodeJS
- Solid understanding of relational databases preferably Postgres or MySQL
- Experience with scaling, troubleshooting, migrations and security of distributed systems
- Experience with NoSQL databases, AWS, micro services, SOA
- Experience with CI/CD and version control (preferably Git)
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.