Senior Full Stack Engineer
Exceptional software is integral to our vision for changing housing. It enables us to provide a level of quality and choice of a home that you cannot find anywhere else. We care deeply about product-focused engineering – taking the time to understand the user and the problem we’re trying to solve for them.
We are seeking candidates with proficiency in either React or Ruby on Rails. Bonus points for experience with both, and for experience with GraphQL, PostgreSQL, or TypeScript.
While the majority of our team is based in SF and NY, this is a remote-friendly role. #LI-Remote
What You’ll Do
- Work with PMs and designers to understand user’s needs and implement an exceptional user experience, whether that user is a customer or someone who works for Zeus
- Use your understanding of a user’s needs and make meaningful decisions that balance timely delivery, quality, and functionality
- Work on a range of projects, from large-scale features or refactors to smaller, quick prototypes to prove a hypothesis
- Take ownership of your projects. Each department has a handful of engineers so you will need to take the lead and make a big impact on the business.
What We're Looking For
- You have at least 5 years of industry experience writing code, designing systems, and collaborating with other engineers
- You think from the customer's point of view first.
- You excel in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment.
- You like to release and iterate quickly.
- You can handle some uncertainty and ambiguity and still take the next step.
- You're humble, open-minded, and receptive to feedback.
- You enjoy teaching others what you have learned.
- You're a great teammate and others are excited to work on a project with you.
- Excellent communication skills (especially relevant now since we are working remotely).
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You enjoy the process of making something new and unknown.
- Initiative and the drive to make things better.
- Pragmatic approach to engineering. You’re not dogmatic and will choose the best tool or process for the job.
If you are hired in the US, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
*For cash compensation, we set our estimate ranges for all roles based on function and level using San Francisco rates, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts may vary from these estimates and will be ultimately determined by multiple factors including the candidate’s geographic location and career experience. As we aim for transparent and equitable compensation conversations for all of our roles, your recruiter will raise this point with you on your initial phone screen and we encourage you to ask any questions you might have.
You can find more about what we offer here!
At Zeus Living, We Are:
Transparent: honest, authentic, communication, access to info, hard truths
Humble: self-aware, ask for & accept help, inclusive, collaborative, respectful, thankful
Iterative: speedy, willing to break things, growth-minded, creative, process-driven
Human-centric: above & beyond service, surprise & delight, make things right
At Zeus Living, we believe that bringing together people who have different worldviews, personal circumstances, and experiences improves our customer service, work, environment, and one another. Diverse strengths, abilities, interests, and perspectives power the flow of innovation and creativity, which is vital to our success. We encourage people from all walks of life—all backgrounds, identities, genders, ages, races, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses—to apply.
Zeus Living is an equal opportunity employer and we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.