Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Platform (Remote)
Published on March 06, 2023
We're looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing Platform Engineering team. This role will have a direct impact on our customers, our engineers, and our business by ensuring our applications are highly available, scalable, and performant. Our ideal candidate is an experienced Ruby on Rails engineer who enjoys optimizing and making applications more performant.
This is a remote opportunity and is open to candidates in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleets. You can learn more about our platform here. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and are on an exciting trajectory as a company. You can read more about it here.
More about Fleetio
- Fleetio overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvIbwZT3oU
- Fleetio Go overview video: https://www.fleetio.com/go
- More about the Fleetio platform: https://www.fleetio.com/features
- API docs: developer.fleetio.com
- Test drive Fleetio to get an even better feel for what we're building: https://www.fleetio.com/register
What you’ll be doing
As a Site Reliability Engineer on Fleetio’s Platform Engineering team, you will:
- Improve web and background job performance by optimizing Ruby code and SQL queries
- Build monitoring tools to improve observability
- Perform code review of new features to ensure they meet performance requirements
- Collaborate with the product team to plan and prioritize development stories to improve performance of the specific endpoints and background jobs for existing features
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack
- Plan for the growth of, optimize, and automate Fleetio’s Infrastructure
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada, or Mexico) or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
- 5+ years of professional Ruby on Rails experience
- Proficient with query optimization in a relational database
- Expert at profiling and benchmarking source code
- Effective at code review, and identifying potential performance problems before they reach production
- Experience with DataDog or other APM tools
- Experience with cloud computing services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Considered a plus, if you have experience with…
- Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform)
- Deep understanding of cloud network fundamentals (routing, firewalls, load balancers, CDNs, VPCs, etc.)
- Experience with distributed event and data stores, such as Kafka, Redis, Elasticsearch, Memcached, and TimescaleDB
- You know a thing or two about the fleet management industry
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 10 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012 #LI-REMOTE
For Non-U.S. based candidates, Fleetio offers a country-specific competitive benefits package.
Not quite what you were hoping for? Check out our other engineering roles here.
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires an accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing [email protected].