Full Stack Developer
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer with 3+ years experience to join our Shopify App development team. The successful candidate will have professional experience developing with Ruby on Rails and React, while being an engaged member of a multi-disciplinary team.
This is a salaried full-time position. Digital product or agency experience with Shopify is strongly preferred, but other ecommerce experience is also valued. Candidates must be already located and able to work in Canada – either in Halifax, Nova Scotia – or working remotely within Canada.
What you get at Able Sense
What you get at Able Sense
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 15 vacation days plus 13 stat holidays
- 4 extra-long weekends
- Employer-sponsored life, disability, health, and dental plan
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting clients focused on growth
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office in Halifax (in-office, flexible or fully-remote work within Canada available)
- A team of smart, hard-working people who know how to have fun too
We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills, including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership abilities, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
As a Full Stack Developer at Able Sense, you will:
- Develop new and maintain existing Shopify apps for our clients and thousands of public app customers worldwide
- Maintain fluency with Shopify API’s and best practices for development
- Write tests and developer internal tooling
- Build new features and perform maintenance of existing apps
- Develop new apps
- Participate in scoping, client meetings, and project meetings to support the project leader and delivery team
- Work full-time, Monday to Friday, at Able Sense Media’s offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, remotely within Canada, or a combination of both.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellence with Ruby on Rails, React, and Shopify API’s (this is the single most important part of the job)
- Experience with Git, pipelines, and build tools (we will onboard you with our existing processes, which you can influence over time).
- Experience with Shopify's REST and GraphQL API’s
- Experience with Shopify’s App Gem, App Bridge, and Polaris components
- Experience and comfort level in the *NIX command shell
- Experience documenting development plans as tasks in project plans and feature backlogs
- Ability to use version control systems like Git and develop as part of a team
- Ability to fit in with our team and collaborate with experts in other disciplines to deliver effective projects
- Ability to produce code that is maintainable
- Good communication skills, both with clients and internal team
Extras in your favour
- Experience migrating an online-store from one platform to another
- Knowledge of multiple online ecommerce platforms
- Text processing programs used in *nix scripts, like: sed, awk, grep, tr
- Scripting languages like Ruby, Python, or PERL
- Relational databases and SQL (MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with requirements gathering and scoping professional web development work for client projects
- Show us live Shopify Apps you developed
- Show us your profile and any non-confidential commit log on GitHub or another source code management platform
- Show us anything you have developed on the web that displays your relevant skills, or just creativity and excellence at web development in general: hobby site, enterprise web application, CodePen, etc
Your application should explain how you meet each of the above requirements and include a portfolio of live websites you have developed for clients. We want to see the culmination of your skills and experience as part of a team that has delivered finished projects to clients.
COVID-19 Working Conditions
Our office is located in downtown Halifax, but you will have the option to work at the office, remotely, or a combination.
Take Your Next Step
Click the Apply Now button at the top right of this posting, and take the next step forward in your career. We will contact candidates who follow this application process, and have the skills and experience we are looking for.
$75,000.00 - $95,000.00