Senior Growth Engineer
Published on February 28, 2023
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake seeking a highly motivated and experienced Growth Engineer to join our Growth Marketing team. This person will be responsible for partnering with the growth and marketing team leads and implementing new growth-minded functionality for our web applications. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in both front-end and back-end development and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize development tasks
- Write clean, scalable, and maintainable code
- Test and debug code to ensure high quality and performance
- Continuously improve and optimize existing systems and processes
- 3+ years of experience in full-stack development
- Experience developing into 3rd party tools such as Zapier, Glide, and Airtable
- Experience with modern web development frameworks such as Rails, React, Angular, or Vue
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and experience working with databases such as Postgres, MySQL, or MongoDB
- Experience partnering closely with marketing, product, and analytics teams
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience with growth techniques and strategies
- Creative solutions to complex problems
- Familiarity with mobile development frameworks such as React Native or Flutter
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience working in a startup or fast-paced environment
- $127,500 -$170,000
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraising and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remain possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What We Offer:
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth-giving parents.
- 💝Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Spain, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region-specific benefits.
Benefits above apply to employees in full-time positions.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.