Sr. Software Engineer
Published on February 28, 2023
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH
Why Housecall Pro?
Help us build solutions that build better lives. At Housecall Pro, we show up to work every day to make a difference for real people: the home service professionals that support America’s 100 million homes.
We’re all about the Pro, and dedicate our days to helping them streamline operations, scale their businesses, and—ultimately—save time so they can be with their families and live well. We care deeply about our customers and foster a culture where our company, employees, and Pros grow and succeed together. Leadership is as focused on growing team members’ careers as they expect their teams to be on creating solutions for Pros.
We also offer:
- Paid holidays and flexible, take-it-as-you-need-it paid time off
- A culture built on innovation that values big ideas, no matter where they come from
As a Senior React Engineer at Housecall Pro you’ll begin working with your team lead on our main React application, iterating through fast-paced use cases. You’ll design, develop, and test features on a daily basis.
What you'll be doing
- Design, develop and deploy features for Housecall Pro’s core web applications in React/Redux
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Work with product management to refine initial concepts features that deliver customer delight
- Build and execute a high velocity of smart, highly performant A/B tests to increase business metrics
- Identify and correct browser compatibility problems and ensure UX designs are properly translated to responsive solutions across a wide range of device resolutions
- Continually introduce architectural improvements and refactorings to the code baseline
- Write automated tests at the appropriate architectural level
- Conduct code reviews and architectural reviews for features developed by other members of the team
- Lead feature teams in their weekly iterations
- Maintain and improve our continuous integration and development environments
- BS, MS or Ph.D in a computer science / computer engineering program
- 4-10 years industry experience developing commercial React/Redux applications
- 1-2 years experience leading teams and performing code reviews
- Data Driven
- Attention to detail and an eye for design
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect React applications to back-end services
- Applied experience with Material Design
- Strong proficiency with continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Commercial experience with Ruby/Ruby on Rails a plus
- Experience with MaterialUI a plus
- Fluent in English/ Portuguese required; fluency in Spanish preferred
- Ability to work 100% remote
Founded in 2013, Housecall Pro champions home service professionals by giving them the tools to work simpler and grow smarter across all aspects of their business. Our core SaaS software platform helps Pros with scheduling, dispatching, job management, invoicing, payment processing, marketing, and more. We support more than 20,000 businesses and have over 400 ambitious, mission-driven, genuinely fun-loving employees in San Diego, Denver, and all over the world. If you want to do work that impacts real people, supported by a team that’ll invest in you every step of the way, we’d love to hear from you.
Housecall Pro celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees with equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Housecall Pro is an equal opportunity employer; committed to an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.