Software Engineer - Reconciliation
Published on March 06, 2023
emerchantpay is a leading global payment service provider for online, in-app and in-store payments. Our global payments solution is available through a simple integration, offering a wealth of features, including global acquiring, alternative payment methods, fraud and risk management, card issuing, an in-house e-wallet solution and performance optimization. We enable businesses everywhere to create a seamless and engaging payments experience for consumers anywhere.
Our vision is to lead the charge of payment innovation. Established in 2002, emerchantpay is a truly global company with 17 offices around the world and close to 500 staff. We empower our people to unlock their full potential so they can shape an exciting career path with us.
We are looking for an experienced, full-time Software Engineer in the Reconciliation area to join our IT team. They will iterate quickly and deliver in a fast-paced environment with an attention to details.
- Designing and implementing complex workflows, APIs, and UI backends for the reconciliation platform and related tooling
- Performing TDD/BDD using various tools
- Taking part in scaling various reconciliation services
- Working in a cloud-based environment (AWS)
- Working closely with the Product team regarding application and project scoping
- Working independently, and generally with minimal supervision
- 3-4+ years building web applications using Ruby/Rails (other stacks would be considered as well - Python/Django, PHP/Laravel, etc)
- Database experience in any of SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Comfortable with TDD/BDD practices (RSpec, etc)
- Appropriate IT-related degree or relevant experience
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills
- Detail oriented, with high standards for deliverables
- Fluent English, both written and verbal
- An enthusiastic, hard-working, motivated person with excellent communication skills and a sense of humor
Considered an advantage:
- Experience in building APIs using the latest standards
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience with Redis
- Experience with GraphQL
- Web security knowledge
- Experience with Docker and containerized workloads
- Experience with AWS, Terraform
- Previous experience in the payment industry
- Fast-growing payment company
- Excellent working conditions, casual atmosphere, and state-of-the-art hardware
- Modern, challenging, constantly growing business
- Professional development - books, trainings, certifications, etc.
- Team buildings and fun activities
- 25 days paid holiday, 1 day for every 2 years with us
- Fully distributed and remote
- Benefits platform containing many benefits to choose from
If you are interested, please apply with your CV in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The personal data of the applicants will be processed in strict confidentiality by emerchantpay ltd. UIC 175117520 is solely for the purposes of selection and recruitment and will not be transferred to other data controllers unless required by law. Applicants provide their personal data on a voluntary basis and will have the right to access and correct their personal data within a reasonable time upon filing a written request.
emerchantpay is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate people with different backgrounds and mindsets and honor diversity and inclusion.