Senior Full Stack Web Developer
LitCharts (www.litcharts.com) is a literary resource with 2000 guides to books, poems, literary terms, a complete set of Shakespeare translations, and more. Millions of students, teachers, and general-interest readers use the LitCharts website and mobile apps every month.
- Help us maximize our uptime, reliability, performance, and security.
- Work with us to implement projects that range from backend to frontend and everything in between.
- Help us maintain and improve our codebase.
- Contribute to the growth and success of the best literary resource on the web.
- A high level of competency with Ruby, Rails, Postgres, Rspec, Capybara, React, jQuery, SCSS, and Haml.
- Experience with Git, Webpack, Heroku, and AWS.
- Experience building responsive frontends with a focus on cross-browser compatibility and accessibility.
- Ability to work remotely as part of a small team as well as take ownership of projects with minimal oversight.
- A desire to continuously improve our stack and your own skill set.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to ask questions and receive feedback.
- Bonus points: A passion for and/or experience with education, education technology, and/or literature.
We’re committed to creating a supportive work environment that values each team member. Being part of LitCharts means:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Healthcare coverage
- 401k with matching
- Working remotely
- Flexible work schedule
- Yearly team meet ups (pandemic contingent, of course)
- Learning and professional development resources
We’re a small remote team, and the code you write will have a direct impact on our success. We work flexible hours but typically stick to 9am-5pm EST and are looking for someone able to do the same.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send the following by clicking the apply button:
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
- Your public GitHub profile and/or a link to a recent project you’re excited about
- A brief explanation of the biggest opportunity for improvement--from a technical standpoint--that you see on our website
Please note: All applicants must be legally authorized to work full-time in the United States. Due to time constraints, we are unable to respond to inquiries from recruiters and from applicants not legally authorized to work full-time in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LitCharts is an equal opportunity employer. As a company, we value diversity and encourage people of all backgrounds, including those from underrepresented groups, to apply. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or ability status.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Founded by the creators of SparkNotes and No Fear Shakespeare, LitCharts are the world’s best literature study guides, with innovative features like color-coded theme tracking, data visualizations, beautifully designed chart-based downloadable PDF versions, and much more. Millions of students, teachers, and general interest readers use the LitCharts website and mobile apps every month.