We are Satchel, an award winning technology business that for over a decade, have developed cutting edge solutions to tackle the challenges faced by modern day students and educators.
We’re looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join our international Engineering function, working on our flagship product, Satchel One - the UK’s #1 learning management platform.
During the 2020/21 back-to-school period we were in the top 3 of all applications on iOS, and top 3 of Educational applications on Android.
Our solutions provide school leaders, teachers, students and parents with the products and services they need on their journey through education. We handle an average of 0.25 billion requests per week with an average peak of 390K requests per minute. Our platform is built in Ruby on Rails. We are now seeking a Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer to join the team.
What are we looking for?
- At least three years’ professional development experience in a commercial environment.
- Demonstrable proficiency in Ruby on Rails
- Experienced in using Git for version control
- Hands-on experience with databases such MySQL or Postgres
What's In It For You?
- Fully remote position
- 4 day working week (4 x 8 hours day)
- A chance to work on a product that you can feel proud to help build and maintain.
- The opportunity to work with one of the most successful EdTech companies in the UK.
- A job where you can easily and quickly expand your experience, knowledge, and even career.
- A competitive salary.
- Spill: Employee Mental Health Support
- Incentives / bonus opportunities throughout the year
- Learning resources