Senior Software Support Engineer
Published on March 09, 2023
We are seeking an experienced support engineer to join our team. This candidate will be responsible for leading the technical support of our software products by both monitoring incoming software defects and prioritizing them accordingly as well as managing any incidents that may arise. Given the time sensitive nature of some of our applications, this team works closely with the software engineering teams to quickly troubleshoot and work through any issues which may arise.
- Managing critical incidents as they arise along with cross-team response if necessary.
- Writing SQL scripts and queries to diagnose and identify application errors and repair data inconsistencies.
- Leading blameless post-mortem investigations and deliberation meetings
- Diagnose and resolve complex software issues and bugs reported by customers or operations teams.
- Collaborate closely with support engineers or development teams to investigate and resolve software defects on a daily basis.
- Monitor and analyze system performance and provide recommendations to improve software performance and stability.
- Help the support team prioritize bugs based on business impact.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including knowledgebase articles and troubleshooting guides.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external partners and internal stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Act as a mentor and provide technical guidance to junior support engineers and development teams.
- Some after-hours incident management will be necessary as we employ an on-call support rotation.
- 5+ years of experience in software support, with a focus on troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Strong experience with software development processes, including Agile methodologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong technical skills with database technologies such as MySQL or Postgres
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience working with customers and providing high-quality technical support.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS Cloud Platform
- Experience with ecommerce platforms such as Magento
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools such as Jenkins, Git
- Experience with monitoring tools for alerting Instana/New Relic
- Able to lead conversations with a diverse audience; production issue incident calls
- Able to quickly troubleshoot and drive issue resolution to root cause
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs, and are committed to the hiring, retention and success of diverse candidates. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate against qualified job applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity, status as a transgender or transsexual individual, and gender identity or expression), sexual and reproductive health decisions, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, military status (including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services), genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, caregiver status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. This policy extends to all aspects of the employment hiring process, including but not limited to recruitment, selection, compensation, and benefits.