Senior Backend Developer
Kisi is a security platform with offices in Brooklyn and Stockholm and a global remote team spanning from America, Europe, Africa and Asia. We create hardware and software that helps businesses connect and control their spaces through the cloud.
A little bit more about our team:
- We value being forward, human, trusted, and responsible. As a team, we make a tangible and lasting impact on the real world.
Our product (Reader Pro) is an award-winning access control solution. We are a design focused company and recently won the coveted GOOD DESIGN award as well as the prestigious iF Design Award.
- Our customers and users come first - We are rated 4.9 in the App Store and 4.8 on Capterra.
- Our team is unique (and a bit quirky) and diverse. We hail from 25 nationalities (& counting!) and look forward to our annual global meetup to bringing the whole team together.
- We are building a supportive and flexible working environment by offering health & retirement benefits (location based), generous vacation time and daily challenges and growth.
About the role:
Your tasks as a backend developer of Kisi will be a lot of things, but never dull. In helping us build a highly robust and scalable public API (used by hundreds of thousands of users from all over the world!), you will:
- Implement new features and help define and tackle projects big and small
- Collaborate with our web, mobile and hardware teams
- Design and maintain internal frameworks and standards
- Work on improving security and performance of endpoints and background jobs
- Work on internal tooling for logging, error reporting, releasing, testing etc.
We move fast, plan frequently, release to production daily and keep our meetings short. Our API is currently a Rails monolith running on Heroku & GCP, and we're documenting it with OpenAPI 3. Familiarity with this stack is a big plus!
- Solid experience with Ruby and Ruby on Rails (or a similar language/framework)
- You've mastered the latest technologies and you're experienced with modern tools and workflows
- You are well versed in writing good code: clean, modular, tested, scalable
- You love cutting edge tech and you're passionate about working on a product that is solving real world problems
- High level of communication and teamwork skills