Senior Software Engineer
Published on March 12, 2023
Orum is making sales human again through conversations. We are an AI-driven, live conversation platform that accelerates sales teams by empowering salespeople to achieve more. Orum increases sales efficiency, speeds up pipeline growth, and lowers customer acquisition costs for various companies ranging in size from start-ups to large enterprises. Sales teams using Orum see consistent conversations, more meetings booked, and shorter rep ramp time - all while having fun and not burning out. We are beyond excited to hire an empowered, remote-first community to support Orum's next growth phase!
Our Mission is to accelerate sales teams by empowering salespeople to achieve more.
Our Vision is to be an iconic company that makes work more human, meaningful, and connected.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer role is ideal if you like to work across the stack to deliver significant impact with a small team. You'll be in charge of building and owning features end-to-end, taking it through conception, implementation, shipping, and iteration. Examples include routing calls through our event-based SIP Softswitch, displaying real-time call information in our UI over WebSockets, or processing streaming audio for speech recognition.
Our current technology stack includes NodeJS with Typescript, Ruby, Postgres, Google Cloud Platform, and FreeSWITCH.
Candidates must be based in Canada.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized candidates tend to only apply when they check every box. We don’t want you to look at each of the points to figure out whether or not you’re qualified. But if you think the gestalt of it describes you, we’d love to chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Orum Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
We're committed to continually adding to our diverse team that represents various backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] In short, we want you to join in on the ride if you're talented for one of our roles, with no other qualifiers.
- Candidates must be based in Canada
- Experience owning a product or feature through its lifecycle - from discovery to deployment
- 7+ year experience of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience building backend applications with Node.JS/Linux stack
- Experience working with an RDBMS using SQLFamiliar with front-end HTML and CSS
- Familiar with Unix shell scripting
Nice To Have
- Knowledge of Typescript language
- Experience measuring and tuning performance of NodeJS applications
- Experience building front ends with React
- Experience with cloud infrastructure programming with one of AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines